Outdoor Cam lost 90% battery in one day

So in the problem camera, looks like the draw is “microSD card recordings”… do you have a card in the camera? what are your settings for timelapse or scheduled recordings if so? Looks like there is a drain somewhere that is sucking battery.

Yes, there is a card in the camera. There is no critical data on it. I can try reformatting the card. I do notice that the battery usage is down to 96% now. That is actually acceptable. Yesterday, the battery depletion was faster.

Recording cooldown is set to 5 minutes
Timelapse is not set. If it were, it looks like the default is duration and interval 15m, 2 s
The only thing set under “More” is Motion Tagging
I only use timelapse with my pan camera that is set inside and pointed out a window.

I am having the same issue with 2 of my outdoor cameras after the update. To test, after charging it, I moved it inside my house to a room where there is no motion and it drained just as fast. Dead in a little over a day. I pretty much stopped buying Wyze products as their quality is gone down. Very disappointed in them.
I got rid of my Arlo and replaced the outdoor cameras with the Wyze Outdoor Cameras because the Inside cameras connected quickly and worked pretty good. The Arlo’s were real slow to connect. The Wyze outdoor cameras are worse.

I had the same problem. Mine was the time lapse and scheduled recording was eating the battery. It got set somehow without me knowing it (update, maybe? If you go that portion of the setup and click on time lapse and then on End at the bottom (same for scheduled recording), it solved it for me.

I’m having similar problems after the last firmware update. Battery life went from 30+ days to 1 or 2 days. No cards installed in the camera or the base station, but Battery Usage shows 14 hours 25 minutes of MicroSD card recordings.

I am having the same issue with two of my outdoor cameras. The only way I can stop the battery drain is to turn off detection and record on detection. Basically making the camera useless

Wyze used to make good products. They have really been nothing but problems for the past year. Example Spotlights are crap, Door lock is unreliable and erratic, and the outdoor camera is horridly slow to connect (I dumped Arlo for the same reason) and now the battery lasts a day and a half even if I bring the camera inside and put it in a room with no motion.

Now the Android app is back to crashing every few minutes after a recent security update. I work in computers and app that constantly have issues with Operating System updates typically do not follow the published guidelines for app developers.

Sad, they could have really turned into a force. Now I would be surprised if they are anymore than a memory in 5 years or ess.

Greg

You don’t own the house and yet you screwed a mount into the house and ran a power cable for the camera. At that point you might as well run an Ethernet cable and use POE cameras.

Again,my WYZE Outdoor, battery camera seems to last me for months. I never think about keeping track of when I charge it up. It’s been a couple months I think and I just looked and it shows 75% of the battery left. I’m not watching it much, which keeps it awake which would drain the battery as it can’t be sleeping to save on the battery. It has no problem informing me when it see’s movement.

If you think putting the camera in a case like that will stop people from stealing it. that will will easily be ripped right off if someone wanted to. Putting the Camera in a case like that for Security is laughable. Putting it in a case to protect it from the environment, OK. If there are holes in the case. There’s not much in the way of protection from the Environment.

By the way, I don’t live in the best area. It was so bad at one point, there was a police sub station near by. My house i around a bunch of Apartment Complexes. They used to be really bad. THey were fixed up a few years back and to things are better. But it was a few years ago that someone sitting at the Bus Stop down the street, near the 7/11 was Shot around noon time.

A Baseball bat and that camera is gone!!! Hell a good stick. Camera is cheap enough to not worry about theft. My Wyze Doordoor camera hasn’t been touched by anyone since I got it when it was released. They would be seen and record on that camera before they did anything and then recorded from my POE cameras also which are on battery backup. Kill my main power. all my POE cameras are all still recording. anyone gets near one of my cameras, one of my other cameras will still see them. All my Cameras over lap each other.

If you are having 90% battery loss in one day, a cable is not the answer. Something is wrong with the camera and it should be returned for another. My 2 Battery Wyze cameras work for months before I have to grab them and charge them back up. They are not designed to be plugged into power all the time. If you’re going to do that, you might as well get the cheaper V3 cam.

There have been some recent firmware updates for the Base and Outdoor cam that trash the battery. Read up on those.