Official word from Wyze on v1 not working any more?

Don’t really want to get in the middle of this “Who’s is Bigger” match going on… But I just can’t resist.

Your quote above :point_up:… That isn’t limited to CamPlus Lite. It happens on CamPlus too. And, it isn’t the subscription plan that causes it, although that’s what you infer. It is because the AI isn’t the model of 100% accurate perfection to which you are obviously entitled.

The problem I refer to basically causes the camera to not be able to report any motion, not missing some. Basically the camera can only be used for live view, nothing else works.

Just so I completely understand this issue, and correct me if I am wrong. It is fixable by removing Cam Plus Lite and adding it back, but the only way to currently do that is by going to Cam Plus and back. There is no way to remove Cam Plus Lite and go to nothing? Is that correct or am I mistaken.

5 Likes

As far as I know. Others have said that assigning the camera to a paid cam plus subscription (to remove it from cam plus lite) and then back to cam plus lite restores the cameras function. There is no way to just remove a camera from cam plus lite, I have even tried moving it to a new account, but it seems to carry the assignment over (and still doesn’t work).

Let me see what I can find out on that next week. There should be a way to remove Cam Plus Lite if someone decides they did not want it.

3 Likes

A thread from 6 months ago about this:

https://forums.wyze.com/t/unable-to-add-remove-cameras-from-camplus-lite/228352

3 Likes

You can cancel it and sign up again. But that’s not ideal

Not sure what you mean. If you mean create a new wyze account - I have deleted the camera created a new account and yet it has the same problem (the cam plus lite screwed up assignment carries over).

I mean cancel your cam plus light subscription from the services.wyze.com page, and subscribe again.

Done that also - again no difference once you re-signup. The cameras automatically are assigned to cam plus lite and the problem persists.

It seems wyze is very well aware of all these problems - but will not fix them. I can only think of 2 reasons why it hasn’t been fixed for years. 1- not enough revenue from it or 2- incompetence.

1 Like

Another week has rolled on by and the status is:

fixes: none
wyze mentions: none
progress: none
effort: none

1 Like

Repeating the previous post because guess what nothing has happened in another week.

Another week has rolled on by and the status is:

fixes: none
wyze mentions: none
progress: none
effort: none

2 Likes

I do not own a V1, but after seeing this thread in the forum for a very long time I finally took 20 minutes to skim through it. This thread completely reinforces my personal belief that the WYZE development teams are in way over their head.

I find it comical that WYZE did not know it was bad firmware because the v1 cams stayed up for so long and the original issue only appeared after a power cycle. Who here is buying that one?

Do you mean to tell me that internal QA does not power cycle a cam as part of their internal firmware testing prior to release? If that is truly the case we are in worse shape than I could have ever imagined!

3 Likes

Hi Jason, can you comment if Wyze is still looking into resolving the cam plus lite issue for V1 cameras?

2 Likes

Guess what another week and … nothing.

@WyzeJasonJ - you said you would check “next week” - 3 week ago!

2 Likes

As of yet I do not have any new information to share.

4 Likes

It’s almost as if Wyze should not have ignored their day one users. Perhaps a $3 coupon for one camera of many cameras was not a better idea than replacement cameras or genuine effort into an actual fix for V1’s. But keep making weird products that no one asked for… Apparently others are finally catching on:

4 Likes

Be sure to RENAME the file on the SD card to FIRMWARE_660R_F.BIN - removing the version numbers and capitalizing the BIN. It won’t work with the default naming after unzipping. And, if the flash is proceeding properly, you’ll see a steady yellow light for several minutes before it starts flashing.

Be sure to name the firmware file correctly: FIRMWARE_660R_F.BIN - must be EXACT!

Which camera is that for? V1?