Notification if cam(s) go offline or disconnected

Recently, my floodlight stopped recording during the day at about 2;51pm. I was not aware the floodlight was frozen or offline or anything and my vehicle was stolen from my driveway. It would be nice to receive a notification if a cam goes offline or is frozen perhaps.

3 Likes

Welcome to the Wyze User Community Forum @gregmillercreative! :raising_hand_man:

This feature request has been submitted many times over in the Wishlist. It is one of the most popular requests.

Wyze has implemented an Offline Notification for the HMS and is currently working on implementation with the cams. It has been tested on a limited basis and is still under development.

Please follow the link below to the Wishlist topic that requests this feature, vote for it at the top, like :heart: some posts, and add your post in reply.

4 Likes

Wondering where wyze is with this notification. It has been 5 months since this post and It would really be helpful to know when the cameras are oujt.

2 Likes

I’d like to see an update on this as well. Especially since my cams are going offline more in the last month than they ever have. I now use a smart plug so I can just “virtually” unplug them.

I agree with all of this! My V3 Pro Wyze cameras have gone offline a lot in the last month; I suspect it’s the last few software updates. Either way, I’d like a notification to let me know. When I had Blink cameras, I would be alerted instantly. Would like this feature for Wyze cameras.

Hello? Wyze? I can see this feature has been requested many times over the past couple years. Other monitoring apps allow for disconnect alerts. Why are you ignoring this?

Ignoring? The tag for the applicable wish list is" In development".

I recommend going to the linked wish list above and set your notification settings" watched" to be notified of any any upcoming changes or updates. Also, if you haven’t already, I’d also say go vote to show your support!

2 Likes

What is the update on this? Would love to see a notification if my cameras go down considering they are used to SECURITY. Please give us an update…it’s becoming a bat look at this point on you guys for not doing this yet.

2 Likes

My automatic pet feeders (2 different brands) send me a notification when the feeders are jammed or empty.
But Wyze can’t figure out how to send an “offline” notification. Wow.