Night vision does not work

Keep in mind that this forum is primarily a user to user community. If you don’t get a helpful reply here, I suggest you file a support request including the log files for more help. You might want to go ahead and submit your ticket now as there is somewhat of a backlog. If you end up getting the issue resolved before support contacts you, then you can always let them know that it’s already resolved.

1 Like

Thanks, Loki. I will raise a ticket. However, I also have to accept that I am based in the UK, so can’t expect a full level of support from your engineers.

Yes, if a replacement is needed, that will be a problem because Wyze can’t ship overseas. Hopefully you know someone in the US who can forward for you.

Just a note re “your engineers”: I’m a volunteer moderator and customer too. I am not a Wyze employee.

1 Like

Well, deep thanks from the bottom of my heart (and, I suspect, many others) for all your time and help on here.

2 Likes

I bought 2 cam pans and one cam v2. The v2 cam Works great in night vision mode, however both cam pans doen’st work in night vision mode. The screen of the live stream stays black even though the 6 IR leds seems to work (visible via phone camera).

So I will follow you guys, hopefully Wyze will come with a solution soon.

I just received my Pan Cam yesterday. Setup was smooth. However, I have no night vision as others have stated. I’m following as well hoping for a solution.

I too am having the same issue, have both V2 and Pan, no night vision what so ever on Pan. Also experiencing the poor sound issue many are reporting on the Pan.

V2 is working amazing with both night vision and 2 way sound.

I will attempt a few of the suggestions here once again tonight to see if I can get it to function as designed. If no luck, I will probably return the Pan and maybe just get another V2… not sure yet

Just got my wyze cam Pam today and have the same issue. In a dark room I hear the camera click but no IR red LEDs come on and the image is just black. Hoping they fix this soon as it looks like it’s now been going on for a month.

1 Like

I’m seeing these issues also, will try factory reset.

1 Like

I have 3 v2 cams and night vision doesn’t work on any. These units are useless and junk to me without night vision.

Hi there!

Would love to help. When you say night vision does not work what exactly do you mean? Night vision is when the infra red sensitive sensor is in use. From the cameras live view screen you can select On/Auto/Off in the top right of the view window.

Or you can go into the camera settings by selecting the Gear icon on the top right of the live view screen, then go to the Advanced Settings page and select it there.

That’s the first part, the second part is you may need to turn on the IR illuminator which is also on the same Advanced Settings screen. It’s called Night Vision IR Lights.

Be warned that night vision does not work well through glass. The glare from the illuminators can overwhelm the image. Also the cameras illuminators are short range. They will do a great job for a 12X12 bedroom but won’t illuminate your half acre backyard.

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestions. I have night vision on Auto. Inside with no lights on one cam the scene is gray but at least I can see some stuff with the setting set to On. If I set it to Auto without lights on it’s pretty much black except for the area really close to the camera.

However, I have one in my garage that’s all black. The third one is going thru a window from my sun room pointing at the back deck and door. That one is completely black with all glare from some low voltage deck lights that are on. It would really be great if that one worked. I can’t see a thing at night but daytime I see the whole deck and rear entrance to my garage. That one would great for security if night vision worked.

Where do I find the Night Vision IR Light setting?

I just checked and Night Vision IR is toggled on. The red lights are on as well. So I’m at a loss for why the scene is all dark.

Would it be possible for you to post some screenshots of what you’re seeing? Also, what is the distance you are trying to illuminate using the IR LEDS with the night vision?

In addition, please see the following support pages.
https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/articles/360030119511-Night-Vision
https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/articles/360031128732-Can-the-cameras-be-used-at-night-

1 Like

To give you a frame of reference here is an event video filmed by a V2 in response to my cat moving. It’s a 10 X 12 room at night with no light source except the cameras 4 IR lights.

I will try when it gets dark later today. Although the outside shots might not be so good we’re expecting 6-10 inches of snow in western NY!

2 Likes

I don’t see anything but 2 dots which must be eyes.

Is that the best we get to see a night view?

Are you viewing it from a PC, phone, tablet?

You may have to increase your brightness. I can see the room pretty clearly from my phone and tablet.

IPhone

I see the whole room, a bureau, with a wooden toolbox on top of it. The back of a wheel chair, a set of closed closet doors, an open door leading out to a hallway.

My guess is you may need to see a ophthalmologist to have your vision evaluated. There are many reasons for poor low light vision ranging from cataracts to a poor diet. But for your own health and peace of mind i would seek competent medical attention.