New Wyze Pan Cameras refuse to record anything - won't track motion

The price at Wyze has remained the same, just because you choose to deal with other vendors doesn’t mean the basic price has changed.

I’ve been through I think 3 firmware changes with the Pan and I have not had problems.

Good for you! Give yourself a pat on the back! I unfortunately haven’t had a smooth experience. Initially everything was fine…for a couple of weeks. From that point on, nothing but problem after problem.

I shop on Amazon and the price has increased. Yes there are those of us who do shop third parties, in fact it’s quite common! And if a third party hikes their prices, I’m definitely gonna mention it regardless if the manufacturer keeps their prices the same.

2 Likes

It seems like The Team’s first move should be to pull the firmware upgrade, so every new customer’s first experience isn’t having bricked Cam Pans they’ve just paid for that do nothing at all. Followed by hours or days of tedious experimentation and helplessly wondering what the problem is. This is nuts, and of course very frustrating. I don’t have a MicroSD card and have no easy way to downgrade the firmware, which in any event isn’t really something consumers should be asked, even implicitly, to do for you.

So why on earth are you still bricking new devices with a corrupted or buggy firmware upgrade? I can’t imagine there’s much percentage in doing that for you, either.

4 Likes

Then you’re not having the experience of the average new purchaser.

2 Likes

^This. I have purchased 6 Wyze cams over the last year - V2 pans and static cameras. Purchased a new pan last week and having same issues as others here. If not for the other cameras being great so far I would have returned this one immediately and never looked back. I will try the process but will not, and SHOULD not, be expected, as the end user, to ‘roll back’ firmware updates and fight with the system to get it to work properly. Still relatively satisfied with other Wyze cams, but now, I’m twitchy. Time will tell.

1 Like

Thanks for that ^

Agreed. I dont have a computer at home. I use a kindle and an i pad. i cant set up an sd card to fix this mess.
I bought 1 to try because i heard good things.
I think i am done with this junk if there is not a fix in place by Wednesday. Ill just send it back and buy something else.
I would rather spend 10 times the money and have a product that actually works.

1 Like

We’re sorry, folks. We’re working on this as a top priority and we’ll have a fix out for it as soon as we can. We know that this is frustrating and we hate that this was the first experience that some of you had with your Wyze Cam Pans.

I’ve been working on collecting logs for the team so that we can diagnose and resolve the problem with the .50 firmware. Yes, the firmware flash does help but we agree that this should not be an expectation and we’re working on a fix so that people won’t have to do that to restore functionality.

The dev side would like to know if this problem persists if you increase the motion sensitivity. They also would like to know if you are still receiving videos on your microSD cards if you are using event recording instead of continuous recording.

If you’re up for it, please send in logs through Account > Help & Feedback > Report an Issue if you have the opportunity. The more data we have, the faster we’ll be able to fix this. We appreciate your help and we’re super sorry about this.

2 Likes

My pan camera is now spinning and spinning again. I pulled the plug. It’s a paper weight at this point. Wyze cams are toys. Nothing more.

Sorry to hear this! If you would like to troubleshoot it, we’d be happy to help out. We apologize for the trouble, KWLA.

Submit a request – Wyze

What is involved in troubleshooting it and how many hours of labor will it cost me?

Most troubleshooting doesn’t take hours of labor for the customer (that’s usually for persistent connectivity problems or super weird bugs that we can’t reproduce). I’d probably start with asking if you have a microSD card in your Wyze Cam Pan (and to remove it if you do to see if that helps) and if you have alternative power supplies to try but I’m not one of the Wizards and they’re better qualified than I am. If you would like to send in a support ticket, you can give me your ticket number that you should receive in a reply email and I’ll try to fast track it. Though support is closed for the evening so you probably wouldn’t hear back tonight.

Submit a request – Wyze