Multiple Users' Permissions for Shared Users

Really need “View Playback” for secondary users.

1 Like

Add 1 or more shared users to have permission to view Playback video stored on the local micro SD card

I can view playback but the wife cannot on her phone. She wants to be able to

2 Likes

Have your wife login to your account with the same credentials then she can do whatever she wants.
That way she can do everything you can do

Yeah but then I can’t be on at the same time if she’s on it, so I read on a different forum

Moderator Note: The email signature containing personal information has been manually removed from this post. The forum software attempts to automatically remove email signatures but it is not always successful. When replying to the forum by email, it is best to remove the signature block yourself before sending.

I don’t know where you read that but it is definitely not correct , you can be on it at the same time

1 Like

I can confirm as well, I have the Wyze app on both my phone and iPad and I can use both concurrently without issues. I can even stream from the same group of 4 cameras on both devices at the same time.

Awesome thanks for the confirmation. :+1:

Moderator Note: The email signature containing personal information has been manually removed from this post. The forum software attempts to automatically remove email signatures but it is not always successful. When replying to the forum by email, it is best to remove the signature block yourself before sending.

1 Like

Sometimes you want guests to have access to a camera for just a set time without the ability to turn on/off the camera. This is actually 2 requests:

1. Decide whether shared access has the ability to turn on/off the camera
  2. Scheduling when the guest has access to the camera(s) - this is similar to how August Locks have a set time window for entry for guests.

Hope this gets implemented soon. Cannot stress how important guest permission is for convenience, security and privacy reasons.

Came here looking for this. I was about to give a friend permission to view through a PAN cam we have but realized that he can turn the camera and control it. I do NOT want him or any guest to be able to do this. Limiting the controls on this cam should definitely be applicable.

I can’t believe this hasn’t been done yet. Each update I keep thinking “surely” it’s been taken care of by now. Nope. What is the delay in doing this? Otherwise the Wyze cams are a “bug” in your home if you share the video with anyone once it’s pointed securely where you want. Not so for “pointing” it towards sound waves!

1 Like

Another +1 on the original topic. Would really like the option to allow share users to view SD card video. Was both surprised that this wasn’t already a feature and then more surprised to see this has been in discussion and request list for so long. Come Wyze, you got this!

2 Likes

I don’t know if this was suggested yet, but I couldn’t seem to find anything in roadmap or wishlist. If I missed it, I apologize for a duplicate post.

My wife and I work during the day and we have my mom watch my son at our home. I shared the camera in my sons room with my mom so she can check on him during naps and such, but now she is able to look in the room 24/7. The issue is during those early morning feedings when either my wife or I are, lets say, exposed.

What I would like to suggest is the ability to create a rule or schedule when a user I share the camera with is able to access the camera. It would make it much easier than revoking access and re-sharing.

This is a nice suggestion to enhance this #wishlist area. Wyze will consider your comment as it moves toward implementation.

In the mean time, may I suggest a low tech solution such as turning the camera, or placing a small piece of lightweight fabric over it when you don’t want to be viewed.

The problem is you can’t point the speaker away or disable it if you don’t want anyone to listen in either during this time. Shared users can turn the microphone on anytime they want, even if it’s pointed towards a wall. There is no control possible at all for this problem, even pointing the camera away. It’s a worse problem than the visual issue resolution suggested.

I understand. And thus the existence of this #wishlist item.

So far I love the cameras. I am using them in my family home preschool. I would love to share access with the parents of the students I teach but I noticed if I share a device with someone they are able to change settings. They can turn the cameras on and off, and they can create rules. For obvious reasons I do not want this. I don’t want the parents turning my cameras on after hours as this is an invasion of privacy and I don’t need them recording other people’s children without permission. is there an advanced settings for sharing where I can share ONLY the live feed? So the parents can view the live feed and not mess with the cameras at all (turn them on and off, record, save the feed, ect)

1 Like

Simple answer is No, not at this time .

1 Like

Rotation, power (on/off), sound, two way communication, should be individual radio buttons for each user the camera is shared with. There should also be a master radio button applied to all shared users to for example turn off sound for all of them.

I’m using the camera as a baby monitor and have shared it with family that’s long distance. I don’t want them being able to turn on the camera when I’ve turned it off or being able to use the two way communication when the baby is asleep, rotating the camera when I’ve set it at a specific angle or hear my private conversations. I’d like to control those features from the app.