Main Brush and Hair

The main brush design allows lots of hair to get caught by the end of the brush causing it to stop. I had cleaned it less than a week ago and it completely stopped working. We have no pets. The house does have 3 lovely ladies with long hair, but it’s not like they are shedding.

2 Likes

We do have two sheddy dogs so I know what you mean about hair wrapping around the roller ends. Its unfortunate that the brush roller ends do not twist off to remove hair that’s spiraled around them easily.
I’ve been using a box cutter with a sharp tip to get that spiraled hair out. Pain in the Butt yes…but necessary to avoid early straining the motor with clogged up rollers and early failure.

1 Like

Like me you may not have heard of the Shark line’s automatic hair cutting feature. They include it in their robots too. If Wyze doesn’t come out with a similar feature my next robot vac will be from Shark. (I have a Deebot at present.)

1 Like

I have 2 Roombas a Shark and now Wyze vac. The brush rollers are a pain to clean. The rubber no tangle rollers are way better. Wyze please make a replacement no tangle roller for us with dogs.

3 Likes

I concur! I think of this less as a vac and more of a semi-autonomous hair trapping tool. I need to clean the roller after most uses. Please help with something to manage hair.

2 Likes

Nice.

1 Like

Been using my wyze vac on and off (probably an average of every 4 days) for the last month. Today when I ran it, it basically did not work for about 75% of the stuff it should have picked up. I checked the bin and it was almost completely empty. Upon investigation I discovered this lovely mess:

Took me more than 20 minutes to get (almost) all the hair off this thing. No, not from my dog, he’s non-shedding. From 4 long-haired females in the house. There needs to be a better brush to keep this from happening. If my vacuum becomes ineffective after one month because the brush gets so clogged that it won’t pick up anything, then the benefit of a “robot” vacuum becomes almost nil over pulling out all the gear for my central vac system. Wyze, please make some serious improvements to the brush!

4 Likes

Maybe unintentional, but excellent work in capturing the dark haired poodle-ish K9 in the background and showing the light brunette human hair wrapped around the brush.

I have to clean my brush on every other use with the aforementioned box cutters and combs and secondary vacuum to pick up the pile of stuff I just created. Seems more than silly.

1 Like

Yes. I really really like the vacuum, but Wyze please you absolutely need a brush option that deals with long dog hair! Clean up is awful! (2 Rough Collies)

For a moment y’all had me thinking Wyze came out with actual hair tools like Dyson lol :rofl:

1 Like

My Dyson v8 does this also. It is not a problem just with the Wyze vacuum, but the design. Need to have lasers disintegrate the hair upon contact. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Agree with comments. Over a year of near daily running of this vac and I still love it! But the brush is a serious pita with my two Golden’s! The hair gets wound up so tight against the ends, it eventually pushes the bracket out and the vacuum roller struggles to spin due to the friction.

There needs to be a resolution or else it becomes a warranty concern when the gears or motor eventually break!

The attached picture is after one full run of the house!

1 Like

Agree! Wyze please come up with a brush option for dog hair! My Shark cordless vac has fins and works great.