Is there a way to tell if a cam has CamPlus Lite

I have one V2 that is not recording 12 sec video suddenly. It had CamPlus Lite for several years. Is there a way too tell if the cam is still registered as CamPlus Lite. Is it possible to re register it somehow?

Go to the account tab, click on services, click the 3 dots on the top right, select the 3 dots to the right of Cam Plus Lite, select Manage Cameras. See if the camera shows up there.

If you are unable to manage it from there, you may be able to do it through the website at my.wyze.com and go into your account information then my services, then cam plus lite and choose select cameras.

3 Likes

Thank you very much. I never knew that. This one camera somehow unregistered itself. All well now.

1 Like

I installed a new V3 yesterday and am unable to include it in my list of Cams with Cam Plus Lite. Using IOS App 2.50.1.1 and Services>3 dots>Cam Plus Lite> check the box for the new V3. The check mark is visible in the box but later when I again go to Services> etc, the check box for this camera is off. I also tried my.wyze.com and selected the camera but then get an error message from this site “An error occurred while assigning your camera(s) to your plan. Please retry or contact us for assistance.”

Also, using the IOS App (Services> etc.) I experimented by unchecking the check box for two existing V2 cameras and now I am unable to re-register those cameras back to Cam Plus Lite.

In summary, I am unable to add any new Cam Plus Lite-eligible cameras (V3, V2) to Cam Plus Lite, and when I remove an existing camera from Lite I am no longer able to re-register that camera. And this happens with both the IOS App and the web site my.wyze.com

Help!

Update: A half hour after the above post, I used the IOS App under Services> etc. and now NONE of my cameras are registered to Cam Plus Lite.

I know this is little comfort, but they’re purportedly on the brink of a big reveal that should resolve the many irregularities in service assignments. I sure hope so. I know I’m hunkering down, making as few changes as possible to all but a test cam until things stabilize/resolve. image

2 Likes

They are constantly making changes to the backend service and their web portal. From the documented changes to web portal v2.4.11, I remember they updated it to v2.4.12 to fix live view with the Cam V3 9357 beta firmware.

The web portal is currently v2.5.1 and this latest change doesn’t let you reactivate subscription plans for Cam Plus if you have Cam Plus Unlimited active already.

There’s a long-standing bug on the Wyze back end that prevents updates to the Services tab. Wyze developers seem to have taken an early Memorial Day vacation.

I did re register a V2 to CamPlus Lite successfully. Wyze is so screwed up

only V1 and V2 models can access CamPlus Lite

V3s also work with CamPlus lite, just not at the moment. Wyze has an issue…

1 Like

By “register” do you mean you selected the camera in the check box under “Services>Cam Plus Lite” in the app, or did you delete the camera and re-install it?

Now that all my V2 and V3 cameras have lost Cam Plus Lite I’m reluctant to take an action that might permanently forego Lite.

You are correct, it is the Outdoor wireless V3 that is not compatible with Lite.

No, you add a cam within the “services”
Home
Account
Services
CamPlus Lite tab at top

The others answered this already, but since you responded to me directly, I wanted to make sure you knew I didn’t ignore your questions.

As the others said, right now there are some limitations with the services due to Wyze migrating their backend to a new implementation that hasn’t officially launched yet. This has caused some weird conflicts with services like Cam Plus Lite. Wyze is aware of the conflicts and has said they are working on resolving them. But as far as I am aware, Cam Plus Lite should be remaining available for the foreseeable future.