Is there a way to “hide” a camera from the apps home screen?

Is there a way to “hide” a camera from the apps home screen?

I have one camera that I do not want visible from my Home Screen… how can I hide it??

#wyzeV3
#v3
#appfeatures
#cam-v3

1 Like

Set up a group with the one camera.

2 Likes

There is no way to do this that I know of.

The closest thing to it is like what @WildBill said: create a camera group and put the camera in that group, then technically the camera doesn’t show up on the home screen. You can also move that group to the very bottom, below all the other devices so it doesn’t show up immediately.

It sounds like you have a shared Wyze account with someone and want to keep some devices secret from them. Just create a secondary Wyze account and activate it on there. Now anyone else who shares or looks at your primary account with all the other devices will never see anything from devices on the secondary account you created. You’ll just have to manually sign in and out of each account when you want to switch and look at the things in the other account. Or, you could actually probably link both accounts through a third party like Tiny Cam, then you could see all cams from both accounts, but the person who uses just the Wyze App will only see the cams from your one main Wyze account, and never know about the secondary account with other cams. Or, you could actually share all the devices on the primary, main account to the secondary account…then you’ll have every device on the secondary account and still get all the notifications from both. The person you share with will only see stuff on the first account and you’ll see everything from both accounts on the secondary account that you shared everything to. That probably solves your problem that way.

1 Like

I have looked everywhere, can you tell me how to go about setting up a group? That sounds like the perfect solution.

1 Like

Kind of, I actually “shared” the cameras with the 2nd person. But occasionally my children have my phone and I just want that 4th camera hidden. So grouping would really help.
I also log out of my account as often as possible, But there is always the chance I forget.

Thank you for your detailed help. I like your ideas as well. I will look into it.

1 Like

I found it…… thanks again

1 Like