Initial feedback for Home Monitoring

We have released a hotfix that should address this issue.

3 Likes

Hello Jason,

It’s good to hear that Wyze is working on a fix for this. However, although Wyze pricing is extremely competitive, it would appear that people are paying for a service they are not receiving and it’s no fault of their own. In addition to this issue, some may have cancelled their current alarm monitoring because they had received the Wyze home monitoring. Lastly, from a legal perspective, considering how litigious things are in the USA, you would think that Wyze would/could be held liable, to some degree, for not being prepared to have their product roll out and not coming up with a fix forthwith.

Food for thought.

1 Like

@earlelayne

I do agree and am sorry it happened. We do have the fix rolling out now. It should be available for download in the coming hours if it is not already. I linked to the post about it just above your post.

1 Like

If you mean for it to be downloaded in the Apple App Store, there is no update as of yet.

The app and firmware just came in and seems to work

I updated the app and my Canadian address accepted!

Now to figure out why the Wyze Hub didn’t update and is offline.

A ticket had been submitted and hopeful for an answer soon.

Yes, my hub did the same thing. It’s too bad WE need to try and figure these things out. I connected it via an Ethernet connection and that worked for me, but in my case I need it connected to wifi. I will figure that part out tomorrow. It should be as simple as unplugging from the Ethernet connection, as the app suggests, but based on how things have gone thus far, it won’t be.

Now that the app is working in Canada any idea on when we can start purchasing additional sensors?

1 Like

I have tried the support desk 3 different times and they have no idea, very frustrating for such a simple question

The Hotdix worked to a point. I was able to get my account set up. However, whenever I hit the monitoring button on app in IOS, it would flash up the setup screen at section 3 before loading the dashboard. It awaits continue w setup before it went to full screen. Not being sure that things were correctly set, I hit button and went in. Got to the page with my address. The country was blank. Click on it and it only gives USA as choice. So I am stuck. I can’t set it up again. This is so frustrating. I reset all my gear and started from scratch. Paired all sensors. Still no difference. So I’m sitting inside my home with the system armed in HOME settings. I have no way to disable it. I’m on the phone awaiting tech support but I know I will get an offshore support centre who are powerless to make any changes. Could I please have some support with solutions?
[Mod Edit]

This launch hasn’t been smooth at all for longtime Canadian customers!

[Mod Note]: Personal information has been manually removed for privacy and security reasons.

I also have that problem. Extremely frustrated. This is yet another whole day I’ll never get back. Spent a big part of the day trying to resolve my issue with several reps. Try everything they suggest to no avail. Get the feeling they don’t quite know how to deal with us Canadians. Not set up properly yet? Didn’t seem to have any problem taking my money …
All I want to is change my US Address to my CDN address so that I can set up myCanadian add for monitoring. The app refuses my address (Has to be US only) Everyone I talk to can’t seem to come to grips with my issue. Just lame canned responses.
I’m done.
Writing off my expense on this stuff. Burned but lesson learned.

1 Like

Good news. WYZE home monitoring now accepts Canadian addresses. You just need to update the app to the latest version.

1 Like