There are many users who have requested a self monitored option to the HMS. The Wishlist topic requesting this is below.
I actually prefer the Noonlight monitoring because I may not be available to check an alarm alert and I also get the Homeowners Insurance discount.
There are others who use shortcut rules without the monitoring (arm\disarm) to turn on\off sensor notifications and smart plugs connected to an external siren to trigger as a local siren alarm. A link is also provided below:
Add a permanent “Self Monitored Mode” for those of us that do not want central dispatch. I understand that this can be achieved with “Test Mode.” However, this results in a permanent “You are in Test Mode” card that eats up a lot of screen space. UPDATE 12-JUN-2021: Test mode also disables a number of other features, such as Critical Alerts. With “Self Monitored Mode” it would deactivate central dispatch and eliminate this needless card on the screen. UPDATE 12-JUN-2021: Self Monitoring Mode wo…
@ken63 and any others trying to add an external siren: I found a way around the problem of how to arm/disarm it without having to go in and change multiple sensors every time - see below. It’s a bit clunky and is not integrated with HMS, but it does work!
Attach a loud external alarm to a Wyze Plug (let’s call the plug “Siren”). I use a 12V Honeywell siren & 120>12V adapter that I got on Amazon.
Plug “Siren” into a second Wyze Plug (let’s call it “Alarm Master”), and plug “Alarm Master” into …
I wanted my Motion Detected Siren to be triggered by Motion sensors in accordance with the Home page shortcut rule modes of Disarmed. Home, or Away. I couldn’t use any of my V3 cams because they responded to leaf/light motion and person false identification. The Motion and Entry sensors were not good stand-alone triggers because they are always “active” — the notifications can be disabled but the on/off trigger is only “inactive” when the batteries are gone. To solve the setup issues I used t…