Home Monitoring: chimes and extra speakers?

Just set up my new system. The best spot for my hub is in a closed cabinet. That makes the sounds much quieter. Is there a way to make the alarm sound elsewhere too? Another speaker or device?

Also, can there be an open and close chime for when doors and windows do that? So the phone isn’t the sole device that does notifications? Thanks for any help!

3 Likes

@hillb13
Welcome to the forums!

There has been a good deal of talk on the forums in regards to volume of the speaker when arming the HMS system.

A couple of quick thoughts… If you keep the HMS system in a cabinet, as you know, will reduce the sound of the siren if triggered. You may want to turn the delay time for the "home’ mode to zero seconds so that it’ll arm instantly without having to hear the dinging sounds… (As there is no way to control the sound volume separately.)

As far as extra external siren… That is indeed a good idea an has been proposed on the wish list… But unfortunately at this time, there isn’t an external speaker option. Although it also has been proposed that the siren from the V3 cameras act as additional siren speakers…(although currently, there is no way to activate that other than manually setting them off…(Even if you were to set a shortcut, you will still need to manually activate and turn off the camera siren…)

All good thing coming hopefully in future updates…

1 Like

I agree 100% with these features. My previous system had additional sirens/speakers that I placed around the house to make it more audible. It was handy and made sure I could hear the alarm if it was triggered. Perhaps if users have a Wyze Doorbell, that chime can be used as an additional alarm? This would dual purpose it (which I’m all for).

My wife was just asking yesterday if there was a way to reduce the notifications. Again, my previous system allowed me to enable a ‘door chime’ allowing us to know if doors/windows were opened without having to send a notification to our phones. This is handy with 3 young kids who are constantly opening doors and windows.

Welcome to the forums @mtchhor !

I am hoping in future updates that Wyze will be able to utilize the sirens from the V3 cameras as well as the doorbell or any other type of device that has a speaker that Wyze plans on putting out…

The Wyze HMS system does not currently have the option of having a chime go off when a door or window is open yet… But you can utilize Amazon Alexa to perform an announcement if a door/window sensor is opened. (You may want to check that out… Seems to work a bit more stable with the older Wyze Sense contact sensors,…)

Also, if you havent already, you can check out the Wyze wish link and vote for the projects you want to see Wyze working on… The link is: Wishlist - Wyze Forum

Wyze would it be possible for the entry countdown to come from the keypad too, until more speakers can be worked in.

My wife keeps waking me up because she forgets to disarm and can’t hear the entry countdown from the multiple door locations. I’m trying to avoid an unnecessary police visit.

3 Likes

I concur with the need for more and louder sirens. This is a must. I love the simplicity of the Wyze package overall in addition to the complete coverage for the incredible value. However, I am highly doubtful that I will ever be awakened at night if someone breaks in because I sleep with a fan on and there’s no way the notification on my phone is going to override the “Do Not Disturb” mode to make enough noise to wake me up. An additional siren, whether paired via a sensor hub like a door sensor, or connected via wifi like a camera, is a must-have feature. These should be stupid simple to produce, and people would probably well over what it would cost Wyze to produce them to get their hands on them…I know I would…$30-45 is probably about the right price point here and I think that makes Wyze a tidy profit margin and keeps our families safer.

1 Like

Bump…

Please make this happen. Just switched from a ring alarm to wise overall I love it but I love it but just got done speaking with an officer because of a false alarm I did not hear when I was leaving the house. It would be nice if the keypad would make noise immediately when the alarm is triggered instead of being on such a delay I was out the door before did anything.

Don’t makeReinstall my ring alarm.

Still waiting for this

I would love the ability to mute the arming feature within a schedule. I don’t like being woken up by the arming beeping at midnight. Please make it a feature to disable the beeping on a schedule. Also, please make all the keypads ask for a pin if it is set to away. A basement entry cannot hear the beeping from the hub upstairs and doesn’t know it was set to away. But if the keypad said “please enter your pin to disarm” would be great!

you can set it to arm silent entry delay or no countdown, set to 0.

I have that set for my home arm status.
Away status get the countdown.

Thanks for the reply. I don’t mind, and actually like, the beeping to arm it if I’m headed out the door. I like that confirmation it’s arming. I just don’t like that when I schedule it to arm at midnight, there is no way to turn off the beeping for that scheduled setting.

I didn’t realize you were talking about the automation schedules. I have not tried that, because I don’t want to accidentally trigger it if I forget what time it is.

I found the alarm is low enough I can sleep through it. if the fan is on in the bedroom.

1 Like

You can now silent the count down sound.

1 Like

I see where I can turn the count down sound off, but that turns it off every time. I would like to leave the countdown sounds on, but be able to turn it off for specific schedules, such as arming at midnight. It wakes people up.

We have a small 2 story home and cannot hear the siren going off downstairs from upstairs. The chime that came with the Wyze doorbell is super loud, if that could connect with the home monitoring system and double as a siren when needed that would be wonderful! Then you could add multiple chimes depending on the size of the home so the siren can be heard throughout the whole house.

2 Likes

Agreed, the hub is too quiet if you’re on different floors of a house, Having separate chimes/alarms to be able to place on all floors is a must for proper security.

2 Likes

I think we should think about extra chimes or something to be paired with the sense hub for home monitoring. I live in a pretty large house, it has good insulation, and I’m sort of new to having the home security. The other day I walked out through my basement door to take my dogs out. I didn’t even realize I had set off the alarm to my house for about ten minutes until I walked back inside and was at the stairs to go back up. It has gone off another time before and we can’t hear it on the third floor either. I have the hub literally in the middle of my house. Middle floor, middle of the floor plan and on top of a china cabinet out in the open. You can also only hear the doors open basically when you’re on the main floor too and we have small children who like to try and escape. I think a feature or option like the extra chimes like on the doorbell would be amazing addition! Please consider this!!

1 Like