Home alarm permit requirements

I just found out that I may need a permit for Wyze Alarm (or any alarm for that matter). And yes, there is a page about this from Wyze https://support.wyze.com/hc/en-us/articles/360053343251-Do-I-need-a-permit-to-use-Wyze-Home-Monitoring-Service-

However, this seems important enough that it should be included in the initial set up. Perhaps there should be an explicit mention in the set up guide, in the box, or even in a drip email campaign.

Looks like it’s not the first time people were puzzled to find out that permit is required sometime after installing the alarm (Home Monitoring Local Alarm Permits). It would be terrible if the alarm actually triggers because of a burglary and policy is not dispatched because a permit is not on file!

2 Likes

Indeed. That would be a great improvement to the HMS setup choreography.

Perhaps you can recommend that in a #wishlist post.

3 Likes

Oh, didn’t realize it was a thing. I tried to update current tag but that didn’t work. I created a new #wishlist post, will link here once it’s approved. Thanks!

2 Likes

Once again, I’m quoted!!! Too bad Wyze didn’t do anything back then.

2 Likes

It is already in setup when entering required Home information:

And full page explanation:

2 Likes

Yes that’s where I found it. But when I was setting up the system in initial setup it wasn’t included in the wizard. This is what my ask is for. I don’t usually have a reason to change address, I clicked on this accidentally and discovered the permit thing. Otherwise I wouldn’t have discovered it for ages

1 Like

The Home Monitoring setup page and the Home Information page are one in the same. The only difference is that during initial setup, your home address has not yet been entered. The permit info text is always present.

Perhaps the reason you didn’t see the permit info text is because it didn’t exist when you setup your system. Permit number was just recently added. When did you set up your home monitoring?

2 Likes

Looking at the text in the photo, it mentions “Monitored By: Acadian Monitoring Services and lists a 314 area phone number.
I thought Wyze’s monitoring service was provided by Noonlight.

Noonlight partners with Acadian Monitoring Services for physical central station infrastructure which ensures we have access to high redundancy and disaster prep within multiple locations (e.g., things like multiple power drops and backup generators, multiple network and telephony connections, etc.) Within those locations, we have dedicated Noonlight agents trained to handle Noonlight (Wyze) alarms using Noonlight’s technologies.

1 Like

It will depend on your local government setup as to how you need to register for the permit when you fill out the application.

My municipality, for example, does recognize Noonlight as the Monitoring Company. They do not, however, have a listing for Acadian.

1 Like