Hidden V3s

I finally completed my project, while I like the finished product, I wasn’t happy with what I can see with the camera due to it’s location being close to the wall, and my front door area limiting what I can see with the camera at this location.

I should of planned this out better. Had I known this would be the outcome, I might not of taken the time to do this.

This is what I started with:

I initially was going to mount low in the ‘box’

I opted to move the camera up to the middle/center of the box, and was going to use the Wyze Window Mount sideways and use the adhesive to mount the camera at this location, but I drilled the 5/8" such that it not lined up properly for the lens hole (to close to the inside edge of the ‘box’ (used a non functioning v3 camera case to attempt to drill in the right spot by drilling a hole in the back of that v3 case, later realized I could just use the front of the camera with the frame as a template.)

5/8" hole drilled in the side of the box that will face the street:

Camera in place aligned with the drilled hole for the lens:

Camera held in place with metal bracket held in place below camera with round adhesive ring that came with camera (couldn’t use the large round wyze metal ‘washer’ here as it did not fit.

The black piece between the camera and the power receptacle was a random item in my junk drawer that fit nicely to wedge in there and hold the camera in place.

Extension cord (brown wires) connected to Wyze Power Brick, ready to connect all the wires to make this thing functional:

Finished product mounted at the front door. Camera Lens looks like a sensor to turn the light on at night.

and after all that, the location of this was no ideal for the view that the camera has:

and, after all that, I end up with this view from the camera:

Posting as a ‘lesson learned’ that perhaps I should of taken the camera out to this 'location and held it in place to view what the camera would see at this location.

Either way, I now have two outlets at the porch light now to plug Christmas lights into now :slight_smile:

SJ

4 Likes

I give you A++ for effort and creativity. I think considering where you needed to mount the light, that it came out very good. I too learn more each time. Sometimes we need to remember, anything is better than nothing. You had no recorded/remote view before you started. Now, you do, - both. You made that happen. And I predict, you are not done. You have the opportunity to tweak it and I bet you are going to find a way. Buuuttttt, even if you don’t, you have made a difference. And eased your own mind.

I applaud you.

1 Like

Agreed. A cool effort and you just have to tilt and wedge the camera slightly in the housing to get a better view.

1 Like