Google Home/Assistant Integration

It’s been rolled out quietly, and at this point, apparently unofficially. I expect an official announcement and rollout will be soon!! I think they’re still working behind the scenes to get this optimized before making official release/announcement… But it’s there :grinning:

Ok, so exactly what features will work with v1 of the camera and which ones won’t? I’ve read all kinds of information and I’m a bit confused. Can some please break it down?

My understanding is that streaming from your camera to a cast device (the only supported feature) is not available for v1 cameras.

It worked for me to link the account today!

account linking worked for me. But no camera actually works. I have 6 cameras, and it says something like camera streaming is not available…

Hey, folks! We don’t actually have this feature live yet and we’re still working on getting our ducks in a row. If it’s not working, please sit tight and let us know if that’s still the case after we make the announcements. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

It says “couldn’t update setting, check your connection.” when I tried to link my wyze account.

mums the word xd

You like me, you finally like me!! :hugs:

I noticed the Wyze Home devices option in my Google Home devices setup page… Logged in with my Wyze creds and SHIZAM!! I’ve got live streaming cams on my Google Home Hub!! Well done kids!! Seems pretty stable and looks great. Exactly what I was hoping for. Thank you!

I know it’s early in the roll out, but I wanted to weigh in and say THANKS, cuz I know this has really been a challenge!

1 Like

Hey, I just noticed that I’m the OG on this thread too! Perfect!! :smiley:

1 Like

Not sure if it’s live yet, but it works for me. I linked Wyze in my Google Home and am able to see the stream on my Android TV.

Mine updated from the test version automatically and works with Google home, it does still have the lag of course. When it times out the Lenovo just reverts to its regular screen

1 Like

I haven’t set up the Google intergration yet but I get the exact same problem with Alexa and my fire TV stick (4k)

Got it set up ,1st try on the GHH it took like 15 20 sec to pull the stream ,then I tried on my GH mini linked to my mi box 3 and it pulled up really fast ,like even faster than on my 4k fire TV stick
On the GHH I got the black screen with the camera name on it after like 5 min but wheni asked it to show me the stream again it seemed to come up really fast ,no 15 sec delay like at 1st
Not sure if the stream went to black screen on the mi box cause the screen saver came on
But it seemed to stay up longer on the mi box than the GHH

I’m getting a 15-18 second delay from the stream. I was hoping to use this cam in the nursery but with this delay it wouldn’t be safe for my newborn. Is decrypting the stream what’s causing the delay?

I was able to add it but it doesn’t seem to work yet.

They’re getting close but it hasn’t been officially announced as of yet. I’m sure their still getting the kinks worked out. At least we can see it and get it setup. My Nest doorbell pops up instantly but my Wize cams take a while to show up, like 20 to 30 seconds. Once they do though the delay isn’t as bad, maybe a few seconds.

1 Like

I found Wyze Home in the Google Home app today and successfully connected my two v2 camera, but my v1 cameras are missing. Based on where they are set up I’d really like to be able to access the rest of my cameras. Will support be forthcoming for the v1 cameras?

They have said v1 will not be supported

1 Like

In the Google Home App when I click on the Wyze Cam (smart camera) icon should it open up the wyze cam app automatically or is what happens now what is always gonna happen (just tells you it’s a camera and where it is the house).?