Google Assistant integration for control and status

Need more google assistant commands. In particular need:

1. Be able to mute/unmute notifications. Want to be able to use google routines to be able to mute/unmute wyze camera notifications for when I leave home and return home so the cameras will give me notifications when I am away and turn them off when I am home. Basically for security alert purposes

2. Be able to turn wyze cameras OFF. Google assistant command works to turn wyze camera ON, but need it to be able to work, so that I can use google routines to turn the wyze camera OFF when I arrive back home. I get there can be some “security” risk but you can make the user accept the risk.

If you don’t want to enable this for google assitant than you need to enable Home leaving/arriving as a feature for Rules within the Wyze app, but definitely not as helpful.

2 Likes

After six months of working, I now can’t use Google to turn plus off/on with voice commands. I’ve linked and I linked Wyze, it alleges to be linked but voice commands don’t work.
This is irritating. I will have to switch to another brand.

Allow Google assistant to see sensors (climate, entry, motion, etc) for assistant-facilitated automations to be triggered from said sensors.

3 Likes

Google Home Support

Google home app has plenty of integrations all built in already, connecting different ecosystems. One simple one to add is the ability to turn the cameras on and off. With that added I would be able to do all the location security with my cameras with multiple users as I already do with my nest thermostat.

Would be amazing to for instance if wyze sees a person on day front door cam it announces it has detected a person at the front door to all or some google home devices of course with schedule option as well

Outdoor Cam control with Google Assistant

PLEASE add GOOGLE ASSISTANT capabilities to the OUTDOOR CAMS. You currently only support Alexa. Why would you not add Google Assistant to Outdoor Cams?? You have it on your other cams…?

1 Like

Many other smart home devices allow me to ask “hey google, what’s the temperature in the office” and it will just answer the question (rather than building a custom skill).

This is something that is pretty standard for smart home devices. Even companies like 3M have this for their room air purifier. I thought Wyze would be so much better than them. I really hope Wyze prioritizes sending these native data types to Google Assistant otherwise I will be forced to look for alternatives.

Ability to turn on/off Wyze Cam from my Google Nest/Assistant

I purchased many Wyze cams believing that they would FULLY integrate with Google Nest/Assistant, I’d like to be able to use voice commands to turn my camera on/off upon leaving/entering my home. However, I learned the hard way that, while the cameras show up in Google Nest, the only functionality that seems to be built into this integration is to watch the video footage. This is worthless to me. I want to be able to integrate my Wyze cam into a routine through Google Next that I can invoke through voice upon leaving/entering the house. As it stands, I need to open my Wyze app every time I wish to turn on/off my camera which is easy to forget!

Additional Google Home Automation Triggers

I’m new to the form but I’ve seen several topics that beat around the idea. Since we have Google home integration the only things I’ve really seen come out of that integration on the camera side is asking Google to stream your camera to a chromecast or to a Google home. I’m sure the on/off device triggers are useful to someone, but instead of using an old Wyze device as a middle man for Google triggers I think a lot of us would benefit from motion triggers or doorbell triggers. I know Wyze has their own automation environment and maybe that’s why the features have been withheld, but there’s a lot of other smart devices out there that given an easy connection would make the Wyze ecosystem friendlier.