Fix-It Friday 3/3/2023

Thanks @carverofchoice.

TLDR; I still have three V2 cams that show “Person detection is currently unavailable. Please check your Wyze app to learn more.”.

I’ve never had an issue with PD in Alexa with V3 cameras. I have three. Person announcement has always shown as available.

I re-discovered Wyze to Alexa. In my case I had no choice. When I tried to view a Wyze cam Alexa went to discovering Wyze.

I had previously set up routines for a couple of V2 cams to announce “Someone is at the” [Back Door] or [Garage]. These would still work sporadically but showed Person Detection as disabled and would not allow me to change the announcement in the routine.

Person Detection is working now for these two cameras and a couple other V2 cams that previously didn’t work. I still have three V2 cams that don’t have PD, I removed and re-added these cameras to Alexa. They still show “Person detection is currently unavailable. Please check your Wyze app to learn more.”.

Person Detection is enabled in Wyze, through Cam Plus Lite, for all of my cameras.

3 Likes