Fix-It Friday 2/25/22

Hello @UserCustomerGwen thank you for acknowledging that this is still an issue.

I will have to say that your carefully curated response doesn’t have me walking away from this conversation with any more confidence in Wyze getting Wyze App v3.0 done anytime soon, if ever.

You introduced the phrase “Design Debit”, I went to the great google, and the first hit was:

I read the article top to botton, and almost felt as if Wyze could of been the poster child for the article.

Have you shared this article with Wyze Management?

The article goes on to talk about ‘late fees’ and “interest” on the ‘design debt’

I’m of the opinion, that the longer Wyze continues to kick the Wyze App redesign down the road for another day, is another day of late fees and interest piling up to contribute to Wyze Customers both current and potentially future customers deciding that they can’t get past the quality of the Wyze App to be able to continue forward as repeat customers of additional Wyze products or services. We’ve seen that type of feedback in these forums where folks are walking away from Wyze for other products, due to this issue.

Another quote from the Article:

to address your comment of:

My question to you is, is it a One Way conversation with Wyze Internal folks and you?

Aren’t you getting the least bit tired of being the go between of us frustrated users and those making the decision to continue to shine us on for four+ years?

The Wyze App is the glue that holds most of the Wyze products together, I fail to understand the logic of Wyze not giving the Wyze App the top priority over new products being developed.

Fix what you have first, then make new exciting cost effective stuff !

I’m quite the fan of Wyze Products, take a look at all the Wyze stuff I own. I don’t want to go elsewhere for the items I have purchased from Wyze. But if the wheels continue to fall off the bus, eventually You and Wyze will leave me no other choice than to move on.

One last think I’d like to share… as we speak of Interest on the design debt… the longer you continue to make a ‘minimum payment’ (or in Wyze’s case, no Payment at all) on your design debit… the more it will cost in the long run…

For example… you can fix it in 3 years… and make happy customers…or wait 23 years… and you won’t have any customers around to pump money into the Wyze Coffers, and you’ll be that much more broke or bankrupt:

Please share this article on design debt with Wyze Management, it’s the right thing to do

SJ

8 Likes