Fast Forward/Rewind (and other scrubbing alternatives) In SD Card Playback

It would be nice if they could even get the 30 second skip to work right!! It takes 5-10 seconds for that to work every time I press it! Talk about annoying!!!

1 Like

In my opinion, being able to find moments in a recording from a camera designed to help you capture moments is table stakes. Not being able to easily scrub through footage in your timeline is as ridiculous as a streaming service only letting you go forward or backwards in a show by 30 second increments.

3 Likes

Any word on progress?
I’ve got about 9 cameras; considering either going back to Nest/Google, which I do NOT want, or trying some other brand… but other than this, I love Wyze!

2 Likes

It’s been 5 years since this one thread has started. Nest/Google has had it down, I’ve read Ring has it- what’s the delay? What progress towards a resolution has been done/achieved?
I’ve been very happy and thrilled with Wyze; I’d hate to have to move on…

2 Likes

I would just like the ability to mount the SD drive on my local network, so I can download all the contents and use the various video editing tools I have to edit the content.

I understand that the videos on Wyze servers are not my videos because they are not on my server, but the videos on the SD card are on my hardware and so are my videos and Wyze refuses to give me proper access and control of my videos.

1 Like

Yep. I have 8. I have a nest doorbell that I absolutely love and pay a lot for a yearly subscription to be able to view video with scrubbing. I’m not renewing it in August because it’s going up to $150 year. That’s too much to just have for watching the wildlife and local cats in my front yard.

1 Like

And it take 20 seconds to show the new footage every change!!!

Viewing video in the app 2×, 3×, 4×

When viewing video in a camera you have two options, you at normal speed or skip 30 seconds. Every other video device I have allows me to view at Double, triple, or quadruple speed. This should be a feature when viewing any stored video in the app.

1 Like

Give us the 30 sec forward and backward button… Like in Wyze 3. We can tap repeatedly to find what we want. You already have the programming…

Yeah but make it varaible 3, 6, 10, 15, 30

Enable playback from the SD card with speeds; 1x, 2x, 5x, 10x, etc

When the motion or sound wasn’t detected and you need to go back the review the SD card playback, only having 1x speed is torturer!

Atleast there is the 30 second step forward added a few years ago, but that often misses the video clip I’m searching for.

[Mod Note]: Your topic was merged to this Wishlist request for better visibility and consistency in grouping similar requests. Please remember to scroll up to the top and click the VOTE button to show your support.

1 Like

a lot of posts…i would like to propose an alternative implementation that might make user and their life easier. in events they have the icon that allows you to do a thumbnail and timeline display of events. you can switch from thumbnail to timeline and back. an extra button to add sd card could make search easier. button press would send you to playback screen at that time point. you could then see bigger image with zooming. a button on that screen would send you back at that time to thumbnail screen.

Just had a police request to provide footage, exact time unknown (arrival of stolen truck). Wyze V3 is closest cam but I can only view playback at 1X. Have a Eufy 2k with more distant view but up to 16x playback so used that to get my time stamp I needed. The V3 is going bye bye to be replaced with the brand with the up to 16X playback.

Seriously. I was trying to find something and it doesn’t help that the screen is darker when you select the 30 seconds jump ahead or behind. Having a 2x and 4x would make it so much more useful.

How do I vote for this?

Did you find the big Vote button above the initial post?

Yes. I got in the canoe and took the long journey upstream and voted. Thank you!

1 Like

wanted to add own wants and wishes. viewing playback for a specific moment in time using the playback controls in wyze is pretty frustrating and unnecessarily time intensive.

adding the ability to add a 3-5x fast forward with audio by pressing right side of video on the sd card playback (as can with YouTube as example) would be proof at least to me that there is a kind and loving God up above that cares for us. and mean from app, i haven’t checked view.wyze in awhile because without function to review recorded playback doesn’t really warrant time and effort to pull out a laptop to use.

also or if too much for above to happen, the ability to input a specific time to start playback would make me roll real tears of gratitude. don’t know if I’m just a numb fingered rhino but trying to use slider will always jump to another point of time

1 Like

Maybe I am, too, because no matter how careful I try to be, as soon as I remove my finger from the slider the time changes to something else.

I really like this idea. Maybe a user could tap or press-and-hold somewhere on the timeline to get a pop-up that allows specific time entry.

The least Wyze could do is explain why we don’t or can’t have that feature. It is really difficult to find a certain event as it is now, takes a lot of screwing around to find it. How about of Wise ones at Wyze. An explanation please? better yet, fix it. D.