Fast Forward/Rewind (and other scrubbing alternatives) In SD Card Playback

Someone suggested just linking from the event directly to the exact spot in the video timeline and I think that is brilliant!

1 Like

I summarized several great ideas I think you might like. The thread is full of great ideas.

1 Like

I was wondering if 10 second fast forwarding feature can be added to playback viewing as double tab on a video just like in youtube when you double tab on video it forwards the video by 10 seconds would be very helpful and would made a playback viewing a-lot easier.

In case you missed it, Wyze did a video Q&A session a while ago. The subject of this Roadmap topic was addressed in the video. Here’s a link to the video and an index of the content so you can jump directly to the part that addresses this Roadmap topic.

0:40 Outdoor Cam (Dongsheng)
2:15 Wyze Sense (Mike)
2:52 Beyond Security Products (Mike)
3:30 Become International Company (Yun)
4:25 Simultaneous Streaming (Tao)
5:05 Improvements to Playback (Bugs, Fast Forward) (Tao)
5:50 RTSP (Frederick)
7:10 Google Home/Assistant (Frederick)
7:40 Apple Homekit (Frederick)
8:35 Google Integration Demo (Frederick)

1 Like

Im not sure not this would be considered “fast forward”, but how about a live scrubbing feature, so when you scrub through video you can see when people cars etc come into frame.

Thanks

-Logan

7 Likes

You should add that to roadmap then.

32x speed seem too fast.

@UserCustomerGwen Any update on when this will be implemented? I love the camera’s except for this one lacking feature.

6 Likes

Sorry, I know it’s something we’ve spent time looking into but it’s trickier than we originally expected so I’m not sure when it will happen.

Not at all. I have 11 cameras. Only 3 WYZE. The others record continuously. I can replay 4 at a time and at 32x (approx. 1 min. every 2 sec.) can review the previous night’s recordings in a resonablly short time, noting the time of any suspicious activity for further review at normal speed.

1 Like

I agree- that would be very useful. Frequently I find myself wanting to check video around the time of an event notice which is not included in the event video. Being able to quickly go to before or after footage without scrolling would be great.

1 Like

Having a way to watch the recorded footage in 2x or more speed so that you can visually skim the footage looking for movement and getting a feral idea of what happened without watching however many hours of footage.

I agree, something similar to how it works on an iPhone when you are panning through a recorded video. The faster you slide your finger, the faster the pan goes and when you stop moving your finger, the scale changes to allow precise panning almost frame by frame. That would be awesome.

4 Likes

I’d like a button that skips 10 sec of video (forward and backward), please!

2 Likes

While you’re at it, might as well add a fast backward feature.

3 Likes

Not sure if this is the right place for this post, but I didn’t see an independent section for feature suggestions.

It’d be really nice to have a button to rewind 10 seconds and a button to fast forward 10 seconds when viewing playback. The scroll bar is incredibly sensitive and I often find myself looking for something at a certain time, finding it, then lifting my finger off the screen for it to only move it backwards/forward by 30 seconds to a minute. It’s hard to get a good precise time and it’d be nice to be able to move forward or backwards by 10 second intervals, that way it’s easier to find what I’m looking for.

1 Like

I feel, just as many others do, that this is an absolute must. How am i supposed to go through 12 hours of footage to find out when an event actually happened while i am away. My cat recently got out and i literally can not spend 12 hours watching footage to find when she got out.

4 Likes

even if you added a 2x, 4x, 6x and 10x fast forward during live playback that would be GREAT!

2 Likes

This.

PLEASE!

2 Likes

Did you vote (VOTE button at the top)?

2 Likes