Event Notifications, different users

Is there a way to separate devices?
For my current example, both my wife and I have the app, but she is on nightshift this week,I am on day shift. I have motion (events) notifications on, but when she goes to sleep she turns off notifications at the top right of the app, and it turns mine off as well.

Is there a way to separate us? (in the app sense only! I lov’er! <3 )

There are three places to control push notifications:

1. Per camera in the cameras Settings > Event Recording > Send Push Notification. This can be controlled by the camera owner or shared user and will affect both.

2. Globally on an account basis by tapping the bell icon on the top right of the home screen, or using the switch in Account > Notifications. This affects only the owners or shared users login account on all devices they have logged in to the Wyze app.

3. In the phone’s OS settings, which can enable or disable all notifications from any particular app. This applies to only that particular phone/tablet. (Note: this is not possible in some versions of Android.)

You can think of the three notification control options as three concentric rings or gates. If the inner gate (level-1, per camera) is closed, no notifications get beyond that level. If the gate is open, then the notification can attempt to get past the next level (level-2, account), etc.

In your situation, it might be best to have two accounts and have the cameras shared from the primary account to the secondary. Then under #2 above, when you turn off notifications, you are turning it off only for that account.

Another option would be to stay with a single account, leave the Wyze app notifications turned on, but turn off notifications for the app at the OS level (#3). This will only affect that one device at a time.

If I set her up as a shared, will she still be able to control the pan?

It’s not clear from the documentation, but I believe so. Stand by… I’ll test it out.

Answer: yes. As the shared user, you can pan and tilt the camera. You can turn on/off Motion Tracking, Pan Scan and Motion Tagging. You can’t, however, access the SD card or change any of the settings, which includes the Pan Scan waypoints.

well that looks like a reasonable option then, thanks for your time!

1 Like