error CODES & error messages

My connection continually fails and I receive a “connection failed (-20011)” as well as same error message, different codes. (90) & (-42). What do they mean and how do I fix these 3 errors so my camera will connect?

I too am receiving an error message of 92. Please advise.

Hi,

-90 error code means the device is offline. It could be the device being physically offline or the device is not in ready state (e.g. device in flashing yellow/blue or flashing blue). In some rare cases it could be the app needing a restart.

-20011 error code means connection timeout. It could be because of temporary network issues. In my personal experience this error is more temporary.

-42 This one is vague from the streaming API. It says the connection setup failed.

That is all we got from the API. Here is what I would suggest when you have connection issue.

• Try to restart your app and see if that succeeds
  • Check the LED light status of your camera. If it is flashing yellow/blue or flashing blue, a power cycle will be helpful
  • Contact Wyze Cam support via support@wyzecam.com email or submitting an app feedback
Thanks!

Blue flashing light on my brand new V2 cam. I have 2 old cams and 5 of the new ones, and all work except the 5th new cam which just flashes the blue light.

I can get through setup successfully - but can’t connect (eventual time out) and blue light continues flashing.

Tried closing and re-opening app, power cycling the cam, and deleting/re-adding the app. No luck.

my connection is getting timed out. same error as above 20011. I have restarted the app and restarted the cam. the cam is new and was jst delivered yesterday and it stopped working today.

what is wrong it with it?

1 Like

Can you collect firmware log for the flashing blue one? The instruction is at https://www.wyzecam.com/forums/topic/instruction-to-collect-app-log-andor-camera-log/. Please send the camera log to me at tyuan@wyzecam.com. Thanks!

Please check the back LED light status. If it is flashing blue or flashing yellow/blue, please take a camera log as I suggested to auggie.fisher. Thanks!

I have also received error 90. We have restarted system many times and logged out of Wyze app and back on and still get the error 90 code.

It seems I’m not alone with getting a connection failed code 0 error message. it’s not the wifi…Hopefully this is not a glitch in the cameras as ours are new. Frustrating!!!

I’ve owned two of these for almost 6 months. They are completely unreliable. Sometimes they connect and sometimes they don’t. When they don’t, they require someone to unplug them and plug them back in. Then they’ll work from anywhere around 2 minutes to a day. Then, all over again. I believe once or twice I was able to get two or three days out of it before I had to reconnect them. I’m looking for an additional camera for my house now and the location will be in an area that isn’t easy to get to. Is it any wonder I didn’t start my look with Wyze Cam. No, it’s not the wireless either. No other device in my house has disconnected from the WAP like these do. They disconnect when they get out of range and reconnect when they get back in range. No issues. These however, never move. I’ve almost gone so far as to get an Alexa plug that I can restart remotely or once an hour.

Has anyone answered your question?
I’m having the same problem “Error code 20011” but I still get alerts. My blue light is steady

2 Likes

I’m interested in the answer to the OP as well. I just received the same error 20011 code.

I get both the 90 and then a 20011 error codes, too.

I understand the 90 error code. But what is the 20011 error code?

This only happens when I am searching for a specific playback times. Go too far back on any given day n it starts happening. ( stopping @ 1of3 or 2of3 cycling messages)
Together they stop any attempt to view playback. Whenever I restart, power cycle or close app and try again.
I can get as far as 1of3 or 2of3 cycling b4, I see the error code 90 or 20011.

Can anyone tell me why!

I am super frustrated because I keep getting the 20011 error code as well. I just spent $200 on getting these cameras and they suck! Does anybody have any answers? I guess maybe I need to spend $1000 on the Camera system that actually works

1 Like

Did you see @WyzeTao’s comment in this thread?

This link is no good…maybe out dated???

Hi, @michelleashlock711. Welcome to the Wyze community! If you are needing help with something specifically, please let me know. :slightly_smiling_face:

The post from @WyzeTao is a very old post. If you are looking for how to send log files, I have provided a new link below:

To contact the Wyze Support Team for any issues you are having and get a support ticket started, CLICK HERE.

1 Like

Código 2001 1 y luz azul constante que significa

Me esta dando problemas para conectarme desde el telefono