Email notification with attached snapshots/photos/video taken on motion detection

Here is another one

1. Trigger on motion etc or a specific time
  2. Send a snapshot to a cloud AI service using a network such as YOLO3
  3. Send the AL labeled image back with category flags and bounding boxes on image
  4. Use the category labels to decide on action, email or notification list.
  5. Implement the selected actions.

One more

• send triggered audio to a audio recognition AI service on the cloud
  • use the labeled audio to select an action such as sending transcript to user via email or drive

With Email notification it would be possible to receive alert notifications as SMS text message with most cell providers email-ro-sms service, such as Verizon’s VText, even when your phone is not connected to wifi/mobile-data(4G)

1 Like

Iam using ip camera for many years. I love your camera and that is the reason I bought 4 of them. I want to let you know what I found to be missing from your cameras.I would like when the camera detects a move to send me an email with one or two photos from the viewing area. Think this is missing from many users of your great camera.I’m sorry if i bother you but really is a friendly advice

3 Likes

It would be useful to have an option that sent an e-mail with a few image snapshots from the motion event that triggered the alert. It is much faster to quickly assess what is going on with a few pictures than having to jump into the application and view the captured video.

Alternatively, you could include an option to include a few snapshots into the IFTTT “e-mail me when motion is detected” applet.

1 Like

I’m using the v2 & app to take photos of my odometer reading every morning to use for tax write offs, and having it synch automatically to Google photos which automatically adds the photo to my timeline. (IRS wants accurate odometer readings) I’d like to be able to not worry about it, and have it snap the photo each time I start up my car. I like the fact that I can create a network wifi connection via tethering on 3g/4g using my note 9, and the camera connects with that wifi and I can control the camera.

So my request… Instant photo upon startup that would store on SD card until connected to wifi network, then upload automatically upon connection.

Also I second the request for a dash cam version with above abilities, smaller model would be better for my purposes.

Whether any of this is possible or not. Definitely Love the work u guys do! You rock!

Many on-prem home automation platforms (e.g. HomeSeer, Vera) provide integration with IP cameras. The value of a snapshot URL is that when an event occurs on the home automation platform (e.g. door unlocked / opened) the snapshot URL can be used to generate an email alert and a picture from one or more cameras attached.

Also the opportunity to extend camera based motion detection into the on-prem home automation platform provides additional opportunities to trigger events in the that platform.

This is needed

Make sure to vote for it at the top of the page. :slight_smile:

1 Like

When I am on the road I am only able to connect to my cameras about 50% of the time. I am not sure where the bandwidth limitation takes place. Anyway when I want really want a live picture of what’s going on it’s quite frustrating. I suggest a feature where you can send a single request through the app to the camera to email an image/snap from the camera whenever it next has connectivity. This request message would require no (very little) bandwidth relative to what is necessary to stream a live session to the camera - which is currently my only option for just taking a peek of what’s happening at home. .

1 Like

Great post! Can you point me to source that explains how to have a snapshot emailed to you? Also, I have enjoyed using the tinyCam Monitor Pro to see my Wyze cameras on my Windows 10 Desktop. I have found that the best way (and perhaps only way) to make tinyCam Monitor work is to have the Network Proxy set to "Automatically detect settings" under "Network Proxy Settings". However, for some reason, my computer keeps switching the settings automatically to "Use a proxy server" with the IP address set to 127.0.0.1 and a Port of 8082 when my camera’s actually IP and Port are set to 125.168.1.250 and a Port of 8083. This happens at least once per day. Does anyone know why this is happening and how to fix it?

1 Like

vote for the email notification with a snapshot. When i work, i don’t have a wifi to use, the cellphone signal is so weak that i cannot download the video

1 Like

Hello - I am adding more and more of these wonderful products but one thing I have noticed is the lack of ability to take a good quality pic when something is triggered. For instance when my entry door from garage is trigger i would like the camera to snap a series of 3-5 photos. The pictures have much better quality than trying to pull a screen capture from video. Is this possible?

2 Likes

I just bought two of those on Amazon and since I also use two other cameras that support snapshot to email I’m surprised it isn’t implemented here.
I hope it’s in the works. Feature is paramount.

1 Like

Pleaseeee, pretty please. Wyze team, implement the feature already !

1 Like

Coming from years of DLink Cam, this feature of emailing snapshots with motion detection is very useful without tying to the app. It also helpful when connectivity is not reliable.

1 Like

It seems rather silly not to have this feature already. The firmware must certainly have a stack else it couldn’t connect to its server farm.

Further to this point, it isn’t even a camera unit issue. The server(s) would do it. And with high probability those are Apache-based with a full suite of tools capable of supporting very large online communities. So just what the heck is the big deal?