Disable voice alerts/mute option/silent setting on vacuum

I would prefer not to hear the vacuum speak especially at night because it is very loud and disturbing. I don’t really like the voice talking in the daytime either. It randomly says “starting to charge” when you walk past it sometimes and can wake people up at night. There should be a setting where you can disable the voice alerts completely or have a silent mode at certain times. Maybe a do not disturb setting where your can configure certain times of the day for it to be silent.

+1. The other night, our power went out briefly, and when it came back on the vacuum woke us up by loudly announcing that it was starting to charge. Admittedly it’s not a super frequent issue, but it would be nice to be able to disable this so it doesn’t happen again in the future.

2 Likes

Just got my vacuum today and was shocked that the voice could not be muted. Is this planned?

3 Likes

I would like to see this too! Initially it was okay, but each and everytime its becoming too much now. At least the sounds like dustbin removed and installed … I would prefer simple chimes instead. Pls give us a way to alter / disable those.

1 Like

I agree with this, and also suggest that the do not disturb option should be a bit more robust. My old Deebot had a do not disturb setting. During this time, it would turn the lights off on the buttons, mute any announcements, and it wouldn’t resume a clean if it had previously come back to charge and then the do not disturb schedule kicked in. Then when the do no disturb ended the next morning, it would go and resume the clean. That way it wouldn’t try and resume a clean while you were asleep.

6 Likes

That’s a great feature to have it not resume when it’s late at night… It would be a very nice feature on this robot. Looks like someone added it to the wishlist.

1 Like

Completely agree. My wife is going to make me get rid of this soon if we can’t turn the alerts off.

6 Likes

Either the ability to reduce the volume or mute voice notification needs to be added. Wakes up me kids at night. Please provide this feature

4 Likes

Please provide the option to disable voice prompts of the Wyze robot vacuum

6 Likes

Agreed. I set my vacuum to run at night and it would be nice to be able to at least schedule the notifications.

1 Like

Please add a way to control the volume of the “speaking” coming from the vaccum…to me it seems loud a way to turn that down would be nice,
Either have the speaking match the suction level or have different controls altogether …the latter would be ideal…3 settings should be fine soft-medium-loud(current) :slight_smile:

PLEASE SEARCH #wishlist and #roadmap and read the How to Use the Wishlist BEFORE POSTING.

1 Like

Has anyone else noticed the voice and vacuum loudness have decreased lately? My vacuum voice is half of what it was, and the medium suction level seems much quieter, but I’m wondering if it’s my imagination or maybe the vacuum is aging.

That’s odd. I haven’t noticed any differences. The voice and the vacuum is as loud as can be. I have not updated any FW recently. I’m still on FW 1.6.97.

1 Like

Thats their latest FW. i havent noticed any change either. Check your HEPA filter. May be its clogged, so the suction noise is reduced.

1 Like

Thanks! I think it comes down to my imagination. I ran the Roborock this morning to see the difference, and it was huge. I think I musta got used to the Wyze vacs noise.

1 Like

Or we gotta convince them to add this feature! Make sure if you comment here, you also vote for it!

2 Likes

Glad I came across this post about it. I had opened up a ticket for the notifications and the agent has been less than helpful with letting me know this can’t actually be done. Wyze, please make this an option before I figure out how to rip the speaker out …

Can this be fixed already? I guess our cat stepped on the vac at about 3am and I hear the thing proudly announce that it is charging. Silence this thing!

I would get more use out of the vacuum if it had a silent mode, where it would i) run as silently as possible between its station and the first room that it is set to clean, Ii) not announce what it is about to do.

Right now it’s limited in the times it can run without disturbing somebody in a household where one parent doesn’t like the noise robot vacuums make, and young kids might get distracted from their long nap preparation process :slight_smile:

I just noticed today that I no longer hear the voice alerts. I have the latest beta firmware (1.6.113), so maybe that took care of it? I don’t remember any setting to turn it on/off. Regardless, I’m glad the voice alerts is gone.