Device Trigger Exit Task?

I have a WYZE Plug powering a trouble light shining on my back porch that is activated by motion detected by a WYZE cam overlooking the same porch. How do automate it to turn off? I would like for it to turn off when the camera stops detecting motion, but I don’t see how to do this.

1 Like

With just a cam I don’t think you can do what you want. You would have to get a wyze Sense starter kit and use the Motion Sensors to detect motion, turn on the plug and then there is an option to turn off after the motion sensor has been clear for some period of time.
These are the triggers for the motion sensor. The cam can continue to detect and record separately.

1 Like

If you’re only using your camera motion detection, then an alternative would be to set a rule to have the light go off after a short period of time - say one minute, but certainly less than 5 minutes or that could trigger the camera again because it would be after the cooldown.

I do this with my porch light. Motion detected using a motion sensor, but I want the light to stay on for 10 minutes, then the light goes off.

1 Like