Constant buffering with camera (Google Nest (Home) and Echo (Alexa))

I agree !

I’m jumping on here late I realize, but have been experiencing the same problem as others: Amazon Echo Show 2nd gen large one, (5) different Wyze cams - all work almost flawlessly via cell on Android, occasionally use on iPad no problems, when I tell the Echo Show to show me (one of) the Wyze Cams, it swirls, then blips on for a couple seconds, then buffers, then blips, then buffers, then blips… etc. usually unusable - one or two worse than the others. My wifi signal is full bars for all devices in this proximity and my pipeline is 100/10 (overprovisioned about 10% most of the time). As a side reference, I am able to stream things like Hulu on the same Echo Show with no issues

1 Like

Exactly my problem. I have no issue with my iphone. Have upgraded to a mesh network. Buffering. I would buy 5 or 6 more cameras if it worked with the show.

So, i just tried it again today…and there doesn’t seem to be any buffering. Anyone else?

Following…

Waiting to buy a show.

Chas

Welp, it started again on a different show. So, I don’t know what to believe anymore.

Just did and same result as you… Great picture and no buffering… Yet

Tried mine about 15 minutes ago… No buffering 3 different cams

1 Like

I’m having the same issue with Echo Show.

Stream from my Cam v2 worked fine for months On Firestick 4k…then one day the buffering started and it became unwatchable. Ive tried swapping networks, WiFi’s and all the usual variables…no change. Agree with your points.

I have a number of wyze cameras, including the new WCO and they stream to my Amazon echo show just fine now… For quite some time they did the buffering thing then a couple days ago the buffering just stopped.

All 5 of my Wyze cams are buffering over and over. My 4 ring cameras are not buffering. Tell me what’s the difference is. It’s doing it in my fire tv and my 2 echo shows. I don’t have google nest so I can’t comment on that.

TBH, I think All other providers have a better cloud paid service with either Amazon or Azure (or GCP is it’s Nest). Wyze doesn’t want to pay more for streaming services to larger form factors than our little phones, so we are getting limited service. Wyze won’t admit to it, unfortunately

It has been my experience and that of a multitude of people that those in the know at Wyze are very tight lipped and oblivious to our dilemma

Here’s my observation. During the day, it’s a hit/miss. sometimes it buffers and sometimes it doesn’t. In the evenings, it ALWAYS buffers. This could be the result of how Wyze is subscribing to AWS for their cloud storage (and since Wyze is all ex Amazonians, you know it’s AWS). Saving $ on evening traffic reduction on whatever the cloud solution you’re subscribing to does nothing to the customer base.

It is AWS, they have posted before about the servers being AWS servers

So we know it’s AWS, how do we apply pressure to Wyze to change up the way their account is administered by Amazon??

Seems like it’s working again!! I just went to stream on my Google Max and WALA! ~ 30 second of buffer before it went !!!

And It stopped …

Same observations here. On my Echo Show 5 & 8 I get a perfectly fine connection durning the day and late afternoon. Some time after 6PM EST, I’ll get the buffering every 5 seconds. If it’s their AWS Elastic, they can pay me a small consulting fee to resolve the issue. :slight_smile:

1 Like

There is a very good explanation of the issue by @Frederik linked below