Bring the Wyze iOS app to macOS

Wyze did not release anything for Mac neither did TP-Link Kasa. Apple has integrated some iOS features into MacOS, so most iOS apps can run on a Mac. Apple’s goal is to fully integrate both OS’s, so in the future they need to write and support only one OS.

1 Like

This is now implemented. (Evidently for some time now, but I missed getting the wishlist topic updated.)

To run the native Wyze iOS app on your Apple Silicon Mac, go to the App Store on your Mac and search for Wyze. Make sure “iPhone & iPad Apps” is selected at the top and you should see and be able to install the Wyze app. Once installed, it works on your Mac just as it does on an iPad (for the most part).

Note that this will only work on Apple Silicon, not Intel based, Macs. Also, you must not have turned off System Integrity Protection (rarely done).

Also note that the app is Not Verified for macOS. According to Apple:

Some apps available on Mac may not function as they normally would on iPhone or iPad. For example, features that rely on hardware unique to iPhone or iPad-such as a gyroscope or a screen that supports complex Multi-Touch gestures-may not work on Mac. In some cases such a feature may be central to the app’s functionality, while in others the app may be usable without it.

If full functionality on Mac has not yet been verified, you’ll see “Not Verified for macOS” next to the app’s icon.

Topic has been moved to “Wishes Granted”

1 Like

You could submit a support ticket on this, but honestly (and bear in mind that I’m not a Wyze employee), I doubt they will spend effort on tweaking the Catalyst implementation to get this to work. All computer feature effort that’s available is going into Wyze web view. I’ve been running the Wyze app on my newly acquired Apple Silicon Mac and this is the only issue I’ve run into. And for me, it’s not a big deal. I’m happy to be able to run all the other functionality of the app natively on Mac.

The current version of the Wyze app on Apple Silicon Mac works fine in full screen, at least on Sonoma. Just click menu View > Enter Full Screen.

Thanks for the tip brother and Happy New Year!

1 Like