Bring back 'Captured on Wyze' 🎥

I guess we are supposed to do it this way :thinking:

2 Likes

Just do what it says at the top of the OP, ya mugs… :wink:

(OP=Original Post)

Umm, except that using “video” as a tag that is supposed to mean somehow “video recordings captured by users” is very, very stupid. No one would use it that way. Few ARE using it that way. I clicked your link. Few of the hits are “captured” videos shared by users.

Also, I read it wrong above and now understand that “captured-by-wyze” is the OLD way. Both suck.

1 Like

I edited the OP for clarity in the interim, maybe it helped. :slight_smile:

And you changed ‘none’ to ‘few’. Which is more accurate. :grin:

Disagree. @IEatBeans & @Antonius are fine fellows.

2 Likes

Was Discover on the home page of the old app a gateway to view/upload videos direct from the app?

Never clicked it.

circa 2019

2 Likes

Personally, I miss the little segment in the app for quick viewing. It was almost like a closed circuit version of YouTube operated by Wyze we could browse on the fly.

Future incarnation could be dubbed “WyzeTube”. And I do claim the rights to this brand name as marca registrada IP. Willing to forego same for a modest settlement… :smile:

3 Likes

It was! I enjoyed a whole lot of stuff there several years back. Curious that it has been replaced with the Monitoring icon. Hopefully they don’t bring “DISCOVER” back as a feed subscription… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

Ah, so it sounds like the the app-tube was discrete from the forum’s captured-on-wyze, eh?

All the platforms discrete with respect to user videos uploaded, maybe?

And if this is any indication:

https://www.wyze.com/pages/community

…maybe Facebook Core was the most active video-wyze so app-tube was removed and the others were allowed to ‘wither’ in that respect?

Or ‘users were encouraged to migrate,’ to put it in corp-speak. :slight_smile:

I reckon so on all counts. Morning brain won’t process too deeply… Lol. Also not on Facebook or other social media. I kind of felt like participating in the wyze forums would offer the most access to wyze related things. Guess they’d prefer not to reinvent the wheel.

A long as they don’t start charging us to view our own (or others’) user-submitted content… :smirk_cat:

1 Like

Good campaign @peepeep

Although, there weren’t any contenders that I know of so you seem to have won unanimously.

See peeps, Wyze loves you.

3 Likes

I have a feeling @nixhome2020 is turning his head sideways and giving the hardest glare…

1 Like

Yes, if only Landscape View For Tablets could get the same Fast Track to happiness like Bring back “Captured” did…

Where’s the Equity in it all!

SJ

3 Likes

What’s not to love? :wink:

2 Likes

Unfortunately, some things are easier than others. Over here on the forum side, I was able to push this pretty quickly and it wasn’t a big deal to add the category back (although we have some work to do yet to move the older topics back over). Landscape view is a different animal since full implementation is going to take a major app rewrite.

3 Likes

Of course.

1 Like

Cute little guy! When you started petting him he’s just “Ah alright, you know that does actually feel pretty good”

1 Like

2 Likes

To the peepster… :wine_glass::beers:

That’s you, @peepeep :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Thanks 2G! I get the feeling I drum majored a parade that was already in motion out of sight. :wink:

Seventy-six trombones led the big parade
With a hundred and ten cornets close at hand.
They were followed by rows and rows of the finest virtuo-
Sos, the cream of ev’ry famous band.

Seventy-six trombones caught the morning sun
With a hundred and ten cornets right behind
There were more than a thousand reeds
Springing up like weeds
There were horns of ev’ry shape and kind.

There were copper bottom tympani in horse platoons
Thundering, thundering all along the way.
Double bell euphoniums and big bassoons,
Each bassoon having it’s big, fat say!

There were fifty mounted cannon in the battery
Thundering, thundering louder than before
Clarinets of ev’ry size
And trumpeters who’d improvise
A full octave higher than the score!

-Meredith Willson

2 Likes

Happy Memorial Day!

2 Likes