Beta Tester Review of Wyze Cam v2!

IFTTT is awesome for us silly hackers… but Setting up IFTTT to do geofencing would require some other app with OS-based geofencing. Directly supporting OS-based geofencing within Wyze app would make it very easy for all users.

As a beta tester for many other hardware and software products, all I can say is WOW!! This is the proverbial most bang for your buck scenario. I would do an in depth breakdown of all the awesome features but yo you can read all about those in the posts above mine. Instead, I’ll try to help those people new to the camera market gain some clarity. You will no doubt have been told that a PTZ (pan, tilt, zoom) camera is the only way to go. That is not true in most cases. The viewing angle on a Wyze Cam v2 is very wide and purchasing multiple Wyze cameras will give you total coverage of virtually any area you are concerned about. Setup and configuration is about as simple as it gets and time from unpacking to use is a matter of minutes. The Wyze app on Android and IOS is simple and easy to navigate. What you aren’t told about most PTZ cameras is that by the time your open the camera app, fidgeting around in the app to select a camera and initiate moving the camera, the event that triggered the alert is long gone. Most PTZ’s are slow and jerky. They also generally make noise so stealth is out the window as well. To purchase a PTZ with high enough quality is quite expensive and that gets you just one camera. For the price of a decent PTZ, you could easily purchase three Wyze cams. Wyze cams accept micro SD cards for on board storage and can be mounted in virtually any position. The software is very responsive and alerts are very close to real time. You have the option of enabling/disabling motion alerts, motion tracking, and taking pictures and videos on the fly. You can listen in on any sound in the space they are located and can have two way communication via the built-in microphone. Day and night vision are extremely clear and the cameras do not jump out at you when you enter the room. They blend in nicely. I have to say, it almost feels like highway robbery buying these cameras because of the low price to quality ratio. It boggles the mind how Wyze pulled it off but they did and with a high quality product. As an afterthought, here’s another reason going with Wyze makes sense. Virtually every other camera on the market is some variant of a camera made in China and support isn’t great if there at all. The Wyze team is right here in the good ol US of A and they are always improving the camera AND implementing suggestions from the community. There aren’t very many companies that can say the same. Even though my video needs are basically met with the two v2 Wyze cams I already have, I will be buying at least two more because this is a deal too good to pass up. Do yourself a favor. Buy a Wyze cam and feel like you’re in the know about a product that almost sounds too good to be true.