API Access and Custom Software Development for Wyze Sensor

Dear Wyze Labs Support Team,

I hope this message finds you well. I am reaching out to inquire about the capabilities of your products, specifically the Wyze Sensor, in relation to custom software development. My goal is to create a custom dashboard that utilizes the data captured by your sensors. I am particularly interested in knowing if you provide any APIs or tools that would facilitate the integration of the Wyze Sensor with custom software.

Furthermore, I am curious about your company’s stance on developing such APIs and the possibility of making them open source. This information would be immensely helpful as it will guide my project’s direction and feasibility. I am eager to explore the potential of Wyze products in a more customized and user-driven context.

Thank you for your time and assistance. I look forward to your response and any information or resources you could provide regarding API access, custom software integration, and your future plans in this area.

Best regards,

Peter

1 Like

This is primarily a user to user community, and you won’t often get a direct response from Wyze.

Wyze does not currently have a publicly documented API, though there is a portal to generate an API key, as well as many community reverse engineering projects made in python and other languages. Many Wyze products also have community made home assistant integrations that may help you find the information you need.

Afaik Wyze does not intend on creating a public api, though the addition of the api key portal shows that they are likely ok with the community projects and don’t intend on deliberately doing anything to break them.

Good luck in your project!

1 Like

Can you Post The Link Where we Can get the Api key and Endpoints?

Here’s the support article with the steps for how to create an API key:

This is the portal for it:
https://developer-api-console.wyze.com/#/apikey/view

2 Likes