Add more Alexa Actions

I have tried this and it does not work. I wish it did :frowning:

Yes, make this happen.

Alexa - Wyze Floodlights

There needs to be a much simpler way to turn the flood light on and off. For example, if you were working outside and you need the light to stay on, you should be able to simply tell Alexa to turn the light on and then off when you are finished. Not everyone in my house will use the Wyze App.

3 Likes

As many other people requested, please add an Alexa action to set the state of the Wyze Thermostat to Home/Away/Sleep.

We need the ability to use Alexa to turn on/off the FLOODLIGHT portion of the floodlight camera.

ie… “Alexa turn (on/off) the backyard floodlight” or “Alexa Set the backyard floodlight to 50%”.

3 Likes

Smart home voice command to toggle privacy mode on Pan v3

I’d like to see a voice command for Alexa that can toggle privacy mode on and off for the pan v3. Right now when I leave my home I have to pull out my phone, navigate to the camera, and turn privacy mode off. When I get home I have to do the same thing to turn it back on. Using voice commands would be easier and faster. It could also open up possible automation with IFTTT and other systems comparable with routine triggers through Alexa.

A voice command to turn it on and a second command to turn it off would be awesome.

Thanks!

Be able to turn on and off a wyze camera with Alexa

I found a workaround for this. I had a spare wyze plug and can control that with an Alexa command. Using wyze rules I programed the camera to turn on when the plug turned on, and off when the plug turned off. Works like a charm.

3 Likes

YES!! we absolutely need this heavy! very useful, i want to go out and BBQ at night, and i want my alexa to trigger the floodlights icon button in the app somehow, or be able to hold the PIR trigger on. SOMETHING! = ALEXA, Turn on floodlight.

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum @dmagazz

How do you have your floodlight automated? Is it set to turn on by camera detection, pir sensor, or sound detection ?

I have mine set to trigger on by pir sensor and camera detection. I have the timer set to 15 minutes as well, but if the pir sensor and camera continue to detect motion past the preset timer the floodlights will continue to stay on. So if you’re in range of the device it should stay on until it doesn’t detect anymore motion and it’ll automatically turn off.

@dmagazz Does that work for you? I am still having all kinds of issues with my floodlights.

1 Like

What issues are you having?

I am still having a lot of issues. I will start a new thread because they are unrelated to this thread for the most part.

As far as this issue, I have seen your recommendations for using both the camera and PIR for detection and I am going to give that a try tonight

1 Like

ive been trying to figure out a workaround or trick to get my WYZE cam floodlights to light up using alexa.
other than that all my wyze stuff works ok
i will tell you though that i have my pan cam on the edge of a wall ridge and when it looks straight down
the camera illuminates off the bottom section of itself because its white, si i put a strip of sanded black tape there so the reflected illumination doesn’t fog up the picture when it looks down so much.

1 Like

Control Flood Cam Light via an Alexa command or routine

I would like the light on the Wyze Floodlight Cam to appear as a light device in the Alexa app. The Cam does that now, but the light can’t be controlled from the Alexa app

E.g. Alexa – turn on floodlight! (of course a unique name would be used)

This would also allow a routine to use the floodlight on the “floodlight cam” so I could add it to an action in a routine.

1 Like

@WyzeJasonJ
Adding for Alexa triggers, skills, etc. for cams, lights, sensors & switches will result in more Wyze product sales. Please show us the list of what is being worked on.
including siren, speakers on all devices, zones, leak sensors,
Thanks.

1 Like

Great work around. Wyze plugs are now being used as triggers for many Wyze actions that Should Be Part Of ALEXA / Wyze Interface by now. years later… @WyzeJasonJ :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Provide Cam3 Floodlight control via Alexa. Consider factors like keeping the activation via sensors working after a “Floodlight off” command.
Currently I use IFTTT to turn the floodlight on (it will stay on forever unless I go into the Wyze app and turn it off) and off (also requires I go into the Wyze app to get motion detection to turn the light on).
Amazon dropped IFTTT support, so I have a widget on my phone to turn the light on and off, but the concept is similar…

i gave up, and just set it to 3 min dim, and if i want it on i just turn it on in the app

I needed a way to turn it on quickly, and (unlock, find app, go to camera, hit floodlight icon) was slow. Every other light I have (GE, Lifx, Wyze bulb, Sengled) works with Alexa.