Add More Actions for Wyze Rules

Adding feature to rules for on/off pan scan

It’d be nice if you guys can create/add an option to the rules to be able to turn on and off pan scanning in addition to an option for turning on and off detection zone for the cam pan v1

1 Like

I also put in a request a month or 2 ago to be able to turn off pan scanning as it’s annoying to try to turn the camera to look at something, & it quickly bounces back to default position. And more so annoying to have to trun off the detection zone & have to reset the detection zones just so I could rotate the camera around for a couple of minutes. I Requested, under More, to add the option to tick off\on the panning (for pan 1 & 2).
I don’t know if my wish went any where as never saw it posted!

1 Like

Night vision needs a schedule

Seriously need to offer night vision on a schedule, as landscape lighting blinds the camera,

[Mod Edit] Merged with an existing wishlist topic. Give it a vote to help it along!

Add a toggle option to wyze switch

Under rules and additional Co tr9ls for the wyze switch currently you can only explicitly turn another switch on or off. Please add a ‘toggle state’ option. Essentially if on it would turn off and if off it would turn on. The option currently causes a user to set a two press or three press option and remember which does what.

3 Likes

Schedule night vision on/ off

1. Be able to schedule switching between views. I currently have decorative lights outside during this season that makes the normal non night vision washed out, at night. When I turn it off and use night vision, it’s fine, but there is too much light to let the device automatically switch.

2. I would like to have cameras that will be in night vision be able to switch to color upon being triggered, so as to have both color and night vision imagery to better identify what is in the video, then return to whatever is the default view for that time/ schedule.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Wyze Plug CFH and Plug Outdoor - Provide ability to specify HOURS/minutes before/after sunrise/sunset in local schedules

Pan cams moves to sensor way point

I would like to put in a request to add a feature to the pan cams that when a senors is trigger it will move to look at the sensor.

For example if there are door sensors, leak sensors, or motion sensors. We could set way points that look at the areas of those sensors and when trigger the cam will move to view those areas.

This could be useful to monitor like doors and water heaters in a garage or basement or multiple doors/windows and a house.

[Mod Edit] Merged with an existing wishlist topic. Give it a vote to help it along!

1 Like

I would like ability to set a rule so my interior v3 cams are off as default when Home monitoring is disarmed and then on when away. And off again when disarmed.

how do we find it to vote for it?

Allow rules to trigger air purifier to run in turbo mode

Trying to set up a rule for a motion sensor (set up in the litter box) to trigger the air purifier to run in turbo mode. The only options to set for the purifier to run in “auto” or “sleep” or turn it off. Requesting a change so that manual modes can also be triggered

Observations :slightly_smiling_face:
There are so many excellent suggestions here within this one topic that I have decided to turn off watching it as I get 10+ emails daily. I do realize that there are other ways to monitor it. I may use tracking

There is just so much here, and there is no way to vote for which ideas within this topic are my favourites / priorities.

It is challenging to see the ideas within this topic that are actually being worked on or implemented.
I appreciate seeing the Existing and Requested topics at the top. Thank you.

It is good to see so much interest in adding adding to the Wyze Rules as this is critical. I have been involved with home automations since the early days of X10. There is some basic stuff that would be helpful here. Many have mentioned it over the months.

It might be helpful to have keywords within the topics so that we can see how interest in the Wyze Rules by category, device, by action / activity types.

I would do the same thing for Playback, Events, IFTTT topics.

Applying some AI categorizing to these topics, could fairly quickly allow a view of the Wishlist by device, action, activity, function, …
But that would take away fron actually getting the functionality added … and so it goes …>… … …

It would be nice to vote on each of these sub-topics, and to see a note of which are “in progress” or “under consideration”, “in testing”. Some may be on this list for years…

1 Like

I suggested making the list a “Poll” where users could then go vote on which ones are the most important to them.

Although, Polls say they have a limit of 20 options, so they would have to be done in multiple polls depending on the length of the list:

Example:

Which Requested Rules Are your Favorite? Poll 1
  • Turn on/off sound detection
  • Change motion/sound detection sensitivity 0-100
  • Delete all alert clips for camera
  • Turn Pan Scan on/off
  • Turn Motion Tracking on/off
  • Night vision on/off/auto
  • Infrared (IR) emitters on/off
  • Detection zone on/off
  • Save a still image
  • Sync camera time (any or all)
  • Change SD card record mode: Off, Event Only, Continuous
  • An “All camera” group under Device Actions (instead of having to add each camera’s action individually) [NOTE: actions can now be performed on user-defined groups]
  • Pan Cam: move to a specific camera memorized position or waypoint
  • Add an “all devices” option for any action
  • Tell Alexa or Google device to show camera
  • Toggle notifications for Wyze Sense sensors by event type (eg. opened vs left open)
  • Toggle Smart Video Alert recording for Wyze Sense sensors (by sensor or event type)
  • Add and remove devices from groups
  • Vacation Mode on/off (Bulbs, Light Strips and Plugs, single and group)
  • Activate a lighting Scene (Bulbs & Light Strips)
0 voters
Which Requested Rules Are your Favorite Poll 2?
  • Change brightness/color temp/color/on/off for X minutes then return to previous state (Bulbs & Light Strips)
  • Change brightness/color temp without changing on/off state (Bulbs & Light Strips) (temporarily removed, see this: Set bulb brightness & color temp by Schedule without turning on)
  • Flash/blink on/off for a defined period (Bulbs & Light Strips)
  • Flash/blink ‘x’ number of times (Bulbs & Light Strips)
  • Disable/Enable Person Detection
  • Pause (wait) X seconds/minutes
  • Record an event to the SD card (even if no motion is detected)
  • Enable/disable other rules (event triggered and scheduled)
  • External HTML call
  • Toggle on/off state of all Wyze devices (edit/made “all devices” not just “bulb and plug”)
  • Execute an existing Shortcut (button)
  • Change camera resolution HD/SD/360p (any or all cameras)
  • Unlock Wyze Lock
  • Display camera feed in app on tablet device
  • Step on/off Wyze Scale
  • Trigger start of a pre-defined time lapse video capture
  • Activate/Deactivate a schedule
  • Change detection sensitivity
  • Turn notifications off for X minutes
  • Activate Doorbell Chime
0 voters
Which Requested Rules Are your Favorite Poll 3?
  • Share cam according to a rule schedule
  • Activate Sun Match mode
  • Turn on/off device status light
  • Turn on/off Cam Pan v2 siren
  • HMS system mode change (Disarmed, Home, Away, Test)
  • Robot Vacuum clean specific room
  • Sprinkler zone on/off and for X time
  • Floodlight brightness control
  • Change Floodlight Control (Auto/On/Off)
  • Turn Air Purifier ON (currently only allows Off/Auto)
  • Set Air Purifier fan speed
  • Start a Scheduled Recording (WCO & WCO v2)
  • Send custom message as a push notification.
  • Garage Door Controller - Open/Close
  • For Sunset/Sunrise schedules, add more time beyond 59 mins for the “before” and “after” settings.
0 voters

Though there might be issues with this. Does the poll start over anytime one of the options gets moved from requested to implemented? I don’t know I was mostly just trying to think of other options so it would be possible to tell how in demand different rules were. I guess the main thing is knowing that the rules team does see and review these sometimes. One of the employees did recently tell us that there is an update coming to the rules engine soon and that the rules team has been working hard on some big upgrades. So I look forward to whatever updates they are doing. It’s good to hear that they have been productive. I hope to see the fruits of their efforts soon. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you for creating the polls. The most important rule creation option to add, for me, is to turn on/off sound detection. If turning on/off motion detection is already an option then sound detection should be too. I want to be able to turn off sound detection when I’m working from home but keep the camera and motion detection on. Thank You!

I would love to see a trigger based on a notification received on my cell/tablet.

Garage door will try to close after being left open X minutes

Option to have a garage door that is left open to try after X minutes to close.

Ability to activate custom scenes for lights using rules. The ability to have Alexa do this would also be great!

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Add More Device Triggers for Wyze Rules

Lights Can be set to Flash, Groups of Lights cannot be set to Flash

I can set individual Wyze Bulb Colors to use the “Flash” action when creating a Rule, but I cannot do so for a Group of Wyze Bulb Colors

Same for my Wyze Light Strips

Please add the ability to have a group of lights to have the action: Flash

SJ

2 Likes

Do you know how to add voting buttons for this one? How stupid simple would this be to add, right??

Toggle on\off for Switch Additional Controls

I would like a TOGGLE option for On\Off when a multi-press of a Swich

2 Likes