Add capability for an external USB microphone

It’s be awesome if there were the capability to add an external USB microphone to the wyzecam pan. The microphone with the latest firmware update is really bad. Camera is fine, but it would be nice to have the capability to add a much better microphone. Do that and the camera would be the best baby monitoring system out there.

Agreed. The Mic on these camera are not that good at picking up sound unless its very close to the camera. An External Mic would be AWESOME!

2 Likes

Really could use a better mike. I can hear the Fed Ex trucks far before the camera can see them.

LOVE the camera but the microphone and/or recording is Very Poor! My Cam Pan hardly picks up sound unless it’s very loud or very close to the camera and what I can hear is distorted or very electronic sounding.

External USB mic is a must have here, as sound quality is really poor…

remote microphone (cam inside, mic outside)

1 Like

That, and or give us a way to upgrade the internal mic. The mic pickup is the only issue I really have with this product.

My 10 year old refurbished Dlink picked up better sound than this, but the video sucked.

This one specific camera sound is almost more important than video so +1 for this.

OR… Wyze mic. Part of the home automation package. Just a wifi microphone that ties into to the Wyze app. This would NEED RTSP though.

1 Like

Has anyone figured out a solution to installing a better microphone for the Wyze Cam Pan?

Or found a nice, small mic I could install in my office?

I agree I’ve got the wyze v3 in a small living room and cannot identify a single word unless someone is yelling and even then the words are very muffled, please help!!

1 Like

Can’t believe nothing has been done on this for more than three years now. The mike is [Mod edit], be that on the Wyze 2, Wyze 3 or pan. Or better, its been awful since that famous firmware upgrade.
It seriously limits the value of the cam for surveillance, if it cannot record any other sound than a gun shot.

[Mod edit] edited to conform to the Community Guidelines.

I agree. I have been searching every indoor camera I can find that works for elderly people that are hard of hearing. There are NONE. There is a huge market for this. Please add a better speaker with volume adjustable controls and Wyze will make a fortune! I know 20 people right now looking for the same.