Wyze1 the 3.9.2.30 - getting video data (3/3) - stuck here

This issue has been happening randomly to me as well. Initial FW was rock solid, now I get stuck at connecting or getting video several times a week. As a test, I tried connecting from my cell phone on home wifi with out issue, turning off wifi, I get the same error connecting to a camera that JUST connected. Force closing the Wyze app doesn’t resolve. This appears to be a FW or backend issue. I’ve had nothing but good things to say about the camera and recommended it to multiple co-workers … my support is waning and I’m considering canceling my V2 order.

Tonight, I decided to check my misbehaving cameras, just because. Surprisingly, they worked perfectly and continue to do so. I’ve made no changes, so I’m hoping that Wyze has tweaked something on the back end. Fingers crossed, but I’m really hopeful!

I spoke too soon. As of 6:00 AM today, all three of my cameras were working perfectly. Now, all have the 3/3 issue. I’m hopeful that means that Wyze is working on their end.

So why hasn’t Wyze recognize this as a issue yet???

Look up a few posts and you’ll see Wyze’s response. I’m actually very impressed with their quality of service in recognizing the issue and promising to develop a resolution.

Would you mind joining the “connectivity group” to help us fix this issue ? we have many folks joining, but so far, most of the discussed issue is around 1/3. We need more issues with 3/3.

The group is “39230connectivity” on facebook.

Sorry, I don’t have a FB account.

Here’s another data point for you. I just tried the cameras again today around 5:00 PM and they all worked. So, it seems that the cameras are working in the early evening into the night, but not during the day. They were working when the sun was up, so it’s not that there just was just black night to see, I was able to see my backyard.

I’ll try again in the morning and report back. Also, when the video is stuck at 3/3, the audio does come through, though it sounds broken.

Thanks!

Ok - I have a little more data for you. As suspected my cameras worked through the night and into the morning. Around 7:15, I logged into all cameras successfully. At that point I picked one of the cameras and left it running. It worked fine until 7:33:22 (see below). At that point the image froze, but stayed on the screen as if it were a live stream. I went back to devices and was once again stuck at 3/3 with broken audio and no video.

Hopefully knowing when the failure occurred will be useful.

Thank you Jason. Below is what I posted for 3/3 issue. Since you don’t have a FB account, would you mind post your answers here ? Or send to developer@wyzecam.com with title reference “stuck on 3/3”. I am not sure how timing would be a factor, it is more likely to be network condition. A firmware and APP log would be helpful. ( instructions are also posted below ).

ssue 3, live stream stuck on 3/3. Please describe the issue with below information

1. When was the last time you successfully connected?
  2. Let’s say you are stuck on 3/3, describe any steps you took before or after this. Such as you were able to see live stream on camera A, but when switched to camera B, it stuck. Or you tried to quit the APP, and re-enter the APP, then it connects.
  3. When you stuck on 3/3, was your phone and camera on the same network? If not on the same network, was your phone on external WIFI, or Mobile data? If on mobile data, who is the carrier?
  4. What was the status light (solid yellow, flashing yellow, flashing blue/yellow, solid blue) at the back of the camera, when you stuck on 3/3?
  5. Firmware version, APP version, phone brand and model.
  6. Network configuration – including router brand and model, Internet Service Provider, any special router configuration (such as Mac filtering). How far was the camera from the router (how many rooms away)
  7. If possible, please help pull APP and Firmware Log. Because log has size limits, the best way is to first reproduce the issue (get stuck on 3/3 ) for a few mins, then pull the log.

Firmware log:
(please do not unplug your device after issue happened, otherwise the log will be erased)

1. Insert a micro SD card into the camera SD card slot. If it is already in the device, please take it out and reinsert the card
  2. After hearing two chime sound (in about 5 seconds), wait for another 10-15 seconds and take out the SD card
  3. Use a PC, laptop, or Mac machine to read the SD card. Under the root directory, there will be a log file “log_XXXXXXXX_s.txt”. That is the firmware log file. If you see more of the log files, please select the one matching your device MAC ID (at the bottom of your camera).
  4. Send the log files to developer@wyzecam.com. Please put your facebook ID in the title, so that we can cross reference.

App log:
(you can take app log after failure, no-connect, hang, or crash)

1. Go to My Account->Help & Feedback->Feedback
  2. Fill in brief information like an email’s subject and body. Phone contact info is optional but preferred
  3. At the bottom of the form, there is an option to include log. It is default to be on and please leave it on
  4. When you click ‘submit’, your email handler will pop up to send the log files to developer@wyzecam.com. Please put your facebook ID in the title, so that we can cross reference.

After you sent, please reply to let me know the email title ( that contains the log ). We have made progress in the group about “stuck 1/3” issue, but we are lack of logs for “stuck on 3/3” issue. I am watching and waiting. Thanks

Here are the answers I’m able to get you right now - the cameras are about an hour and a half away so I don’t have physical access.

1. When was the last time you successfully connected?

I connected to the live stream of all three cameras at 7:00 AM this morning. Cameras B & C stopped allowing live connection around 7:30 AM.

1. Let’s say you are stuck on 3/3, describe any steps you took before or after this. Such as you were able to see live stream on camera A, but when switched to camera B, it stuck. Or you tried to quit the APP, and re-enter the APP, then it connects.

When connecting to camera A, the live stream works properly. When connecting to cameras B and C, the cameras get stuck at 3/3 with no video but with broken audio.

1. When you stuck on 3/3, was your phone and camera on the same network?

No, when I am on the same network all three cameras connect reliably.

If not on the same network, was your phone on external WIFI, or Mobile data?

Both

If on mobile data, who is the carrier?

Verizon

1. What was the status light (solid yellow, flashing yellow, flashing blue/yellow, solid blue) at the back of the camera, when you stuck on 3/3?

I don’t know, because I have no cell signal where the cameras are, and cannot test off network while in proximity to the cameras

1. Firmware version:

APP version:

phone brand and model.

LG G6

1. Network configuration – including router brand and model:

Unsure

Internet Service Provider

Centurylink - 8 Mbps connection and have tested at various times and do get that amount of bandwidth. It’s worth noting that Netflix/Amazon/Hulu all stream dependably during the day (though not while trying to connect to the cameras. No one is there to use bandwidth, but when we are there, bandwidth isn’t an issue for streaming)

any special router configuration (such as Mac filtering):

None

How far was the camera from the router (how many rooms away):

Cameras A&B are in the same room as the router - A always works, B often fails

1. If possible, please help pull APP and Firmware Log.

I’ll have to do this the next time I am at the location - two weeks, sorry.

I agree with that…lets keep it here…I’m very desapointed with my camera does not work when away from my network…
I will not be buying any more cameras soon from wyze but yes will be trying others to see how well they work…

no ver 2 for me…

I just installed a spare wyzecam at my parents house. New account, new un-setup cam, new device.

setup as usual using the new device with the new account. All setup was straightforward. Asked to update firmware, firmware updated.

can browse the live feed in the internal network just fine.

now I have another device so I login using using my parents account. And the live feed would stuck on 3/3 using my home Wi-Fi network. And has never able to connect properly even multiple tries.

so i don’t think this is an “unusual” and easily replicated. So Wayze maybe just setup for yourself and test.

so far, I have a few friends asking about webcam and I cannot recommend this cam to them unless this is fixed.

Same issues here. Mostly getting the Failed to Connect off an on and the only fix is to power cycle the camera itself.

I am connected now, but my refresh rate is poor. In Live Stream I probably get 1 frame every 5-10 seconds at best from the camera sitting right next to my router.

I would sign up for the beta. When you get the beta app, you will have the opportunity to update the camera firmware. There have been some new releases that may help.

“Right next to the router” doesn’t necessarily mean a good clean connection. In addition to cycling the camera, I would try restarting the router; try moving them further apart; reorient the antenna(s). Just things to try.

Same issue on my cam as well. Worked great before the latest firmware update.

I’ve reverted to an earlier firmware 3.9.3.28 and things have been running just fine for a few days now.

How do you do that? I’m so sick of babysitting these cameras.

The developers have a post

https://www.wyzecam.com/forums/topic/flashing-your-wyzecam-v1-firmware/