Wyze v2 cam, issue related to having same SSID for 2.4 and 5 ghz?

Quick question, does your router have a firewall active?

Sorry Iā€™m not at the cabin, but Iā€™m not aware of any firewall settings on the Netgear C7000 V2 router. Looking at the settings on my Netgear Orbi router at home, I donā€™t see any firewall settings. I thought firewall settings were at the device level?

Hello @UserCustomerGwen, checking back on this issue. Iā€™m still unable to view live feed remotely. Any ideas? I am able to turn the cameras on and off remotely. And I can view events remotely. Just canā€™t connect to view the live feed when not on the same network.

Also worth noting, about 1 out of 20 tries, I make it past ā€œGetting video data (3/3)ā€ and seem to connect to the live feed, but the video is a distorted waterfall of pixels. When this happens, the audio seems ok, just the video is not coming through.

Sounds like your IoT connection is stable but not the live streaming connection. Could you please try to view the live stream and, if it fails again, send in a log through Account > Help & Feedback in the Wyze app? When you send it in, please make a note of the log number and post it here for me. Iā€™d like to have the devs take a look. Sorry to hear this is still an issue!

@Ballwhig, seems like you have a slow connection where your cameras are.
And FWIW, to answer @UserCustomerGwenā€™s question, of course your router has a firewall. I would not use it unless it was enabled.

Sometimes firewalls can have ports blocked that cause consistent difficulty with Wyze devices. That could be part of whatā€™s going on here but I canā€™t say for sure at this point.

I had given up on this issue, but discovered yesterday that the problem is resolved. Remote live stream is working flawlessly now! ! I didnā€™t change any settings on my end, but the Wyze v2 cam firmware, Wyze app and iOS versions are all newer versions. Not sure which upgrade fixed the problem.

FYI @UserCustomerGwen

When remote live stream was not working:

• Wyze V2 cams with 4.9.5.11
  • Wyze iOS app with 2.11.41
  • iPhone XS with iOS 13.5.1

Now that remote live stream is working again:

• Wyze V2 cams with 4.9.6.156
  • Wyze iOS app with 2.12.31
  • iPhone XS with iOS 13.6
1 Like

Sorry for my delay and thanks for the info!