Wyze sense keeps going offline

Well let me first state that they don’t intend them to be used as security, but I know people do, (I also do). If all sensors on a bridge are offline I would immediately look at the bridge before the sensors themselves. It has not happened often but doing a camera restart in the app has always fixed it. It has not happened enough to me to try and narrow down the cause.

1 Like

Jason …Mike here. Continue to see my newer sensors contact type to remain open occasionally or not showing open at all when it should while Sensor lights flash appropriately. About to communicate with the company more seriously as I have acquired even more peripherals for this product assuming that somewhere in this effort these items will actually work as advertised. However good the price point might seem compared to other popular products if we don’t intend to use them for any kind of security than exactly what are they intended for anyway. Hobbyists, tinkerers, what? I would hate to see a break-in
Or someone actually harmed in that event and product failure is at fault. Worse than bad publicity I’m persuaded. I hope this $400 issh investment doesn’t become a fool’s errand.

Thank you for your response. I use my sensors for many things including turning my basement Wyze lights on when I open the cellar door. However if someone were to break in through my basement I feel reassured knowing that I would receive an instant notification that I could react to. Also, how many uses are there for a motion sensor if it isn’t for security? If you go to the Wyze Facebook page and do a search for “security” you will see dozens of posts referring to their security benefits and no one disputes them. A rose by any other name…

If you are having repeated issues you should definitely contact the company directly. Below is a link to the support page where you can contact them if you like. As far as what the are intended to be used for, they are sold as smart home devices. Essentially so you can turn items on/off by motion or entry. The TOS states they are not to be used as security or safety devices. I posted a link to the TOS and also the summary prior to the actual terms points out the following:
“The products and services are not intended for use as security or life safety devices or services (such as a burglar alarm or monitoring system). Please do not rely on the products and services for any such critical uses. Please read the disclosures about this in sections 3.B and 3.C below as you are acknowledging and accepting them.”
That being said people do use them for security, but when I help people I feel obligated to let them know they are not for that use in case they did not already know.

I definitely hope they can help you get it figured out because it is definitely frustrating when something you depend on for whatever reason it may be does not work as intended.

https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us

1 Like

I followed your link and read the Terms of Service in section 2 and 3.
My reading of this is a bit different than yours.
While I agree that it states that the Wyze products are not substitutes for professional security services that they can still be used for security in limited situations.
After the legal disclaimers in large print in section 3 it also states “You are solely responsible for responding to any applicable messages, alerts, signals or notifications provided or transmitted in or through the Products or Services, including the responsibility for contacting any authorities in connection with any of the foregoing”.
In other words it’s a do it yourself personal security system that the user takes sole responsibility for how it’s used.

I think the issue is the bridge over heat. I have the same issue. The heat was transfer from the cam to the bridge. To resolve the over heat issue, I did not insert the bridge all the way. It is about 2mm gap between cam and bridge. It is working for 4 days now. The cooler weather also helped.

If that’s your issue you could probably buy a USB extension cord and mount the bridge someplace cooler. I read about another user doing that.

1 Like

There is a lot of reading here, but I’m not seeing a solution to the problem of sensors/contacts going off line. Like many of the above, everything seems to be working, but the sensors remain off line.

Perhaps support (or someone) could put together a checklist of things to try.

Have you looked at the Wyze Sense support pages?

1 Like

Any real solution to this issue yet?

I’ve got a V1 cam and a pan cam, as well as 8 motion sensors, 11 open/close sensors and 14 bulbs spread over 7 rooms. The system worked great for about 3 days and now the sensors are randomly going off AND back on line.
I have tried resetting the bridge and when I do SOME of the sensors come back and some do not. Distance does not seem to be an issue as the farthest sensors are just as likely to go offline as ones right next to the bridge. All items are up to date including the bridge.

This really has to be a software issue as the system did work perfectly for a few days.

DreadPirateRush,

Did you see a solution or a new update there? I have that many devices between 2 houses in 2 different states and I still experience what he is reporting as well. I have been all over those pages a few weeks ago… the reports of random offline and disconnects are numerous. just asking…

MWG

@talltree5 and @vic_ferrari007, I do not have any definitive solution for you. If you didn’t find one on the Wyze Sense Support Pages, then the only additional suggestions I can offer are the following.

• Some people have found success by not installing the bridge in Pan cameras, or V1 / V2 cameras that are daisy-chained
  • Check to see if your sensors are near metal doors and/or door frames. Those may cause signal interference.
  • Check for other devices that use the 900Mhz band in your home. They may be interfering with the signal from the sensors to the bridge

Keep in mind that this forum is primarily a user to user community. If you don’t get a helpful reply here, please file a Support Request. You can also submit a request from within the Wyze app by going to Account > Help & Feedback > Report an Issue. The latter method will allow you to include an app log for diagnosis.

1 Like

I finally fixed my sensors from going offline. I took them down and put them back in the box.

Oh boy JGFish!

What can we say…In victory magnanimous, but in defeat …defiant!

That’s no solution but humorous in a dark sort of way.

Can’t go with this product if sensors can’t be reliable. On a 2 year anniversary for this company I’m still betting on their success in overcoming these issues. Some of my sensors work reliably…others not so much while I am substituting sensors in different places to troubleshoot the correct issue. eg. placement /signal reliability or individual hardware failure. Strange that I’ve found rebooting my wifi router sometimes is necessary to resuscitate sensors or bridges while all other devices like computers, phones, tablets and printers work regardless…for what it’s worth…

MWG

Lol. Just got tired of trying. I’m gonna hang on to them in hopes that at some point the kinks will get worked out. I really love my cams. Wyze is still a young company. They may just be having growing pains.

I had all the problems that have been discussed here, but eventually got my sensor to work and it has been working flawlessly for months now.

I saw there was a firmware update, so I gulped and clicked to update.

Predictably, I lost the sensor on completion of the update.

So, I used the little tool to press the button on the bottom of the sensor. No luck.

I unplugged the bridge from the back of the camera, and plugged it back in with the camera turned off.

I turned the camera back on, and it found the sensor, which now works.

FYI, the sensor is inside our mailbox, and the bridge is 75 feet away mounted outside the garage (but under the eaves for weather protection). The bridge is connected (via a 2 foot USB cable) to a CamPan which watches my garage interior.

All this, so that we don’t have to take that dreaded walk to the mailbox to see if the mail has come. I named the sensor The mail is here! and that’s what the alert says on the app.

FWIW I’ve been testing a Sense Bridge in my Pan Cam and I’ve had sensors go offline multiple times a week. Removing the bridge and reconnecting it brings them back.

Previously the same bridge (and sensor group) was connected to a v2 for months without issues. I moved the bridge back to the v2 and haven’t had any issues for 2 weeks now. That confirms for me all the reports of the Pan Cam not being stable with the Sense Bridge.

3 Likes

I just wanted to add that all of my sensors go offline every day. I have to reset the camera to get them to come back online. It is a bit disappointing that I can’t rely on them. When they work everything is fine but they only work 50% of the time. I’m going to keep them installed and hope that get better over time. I’m also going to add another camera with another bridge to see if that helps.

Sounds almost like it’s scheduled but that’s not what I’m saying. My money is on a bad bridge as I had an issue with. Process of elimination swapping camera for bridge and bridge for camera. Irritating.

1 Like

Any Fix for this yet?? Should i try replacing the Power Cord and Block? New Bridge?