Wyze has lost it way

if it helps to keep the prices down some advertising, seems ok. Facebook & Twitter are loaded with advertising … i get almost no advertising in iPhone/iPad app?

on my cams, the false alerts are often caused by shadows and vehicle light reflections. not much can be done for this.

Yeah the sensitivity and detection is not the problem that I would run into. I paid for the unlimited cams on the cloud monthly and when I think to check a certain camera…it tells me that I need the cam subscription.
Listen … the service sucks 70% of the time on my end. And I have been with Wyze since almost day one. Their support is terrible and if you don’t agree with that…then you are lucky!

here, here :clinking_glasses:

i feel stupid I bought a battery pro 2 weeks ago. stupid me thinking it was going to be better. blink cameras arrived today ., will be installed tomorrow

MOD NOTE: Post edited to conform to the Community Guidelines.

on my v3 pro cams its trees swinging in the wind recognised as person., then doesn’t pick up cats or dogs or foxes walking through the view field.

also why is the UI different between the v3 and the v3 pro cams .
on the v3 pro all option are on one level on the v3 I have to go into a sub folder if I want to start a Timelapse or see the Album.

to get into the recording you click on the playback button on the v3 and on the v3 pro it’s labelled sd-card.

that’s just sloppy , no consistency

that, with the weak offerings for global costumers , I’m afraid its a NO from me for now , for a couple of bucks more I can get a much better product from Reolink’s 510WA, no subscription required

How does the night color video compare.?. Wyze is far superior to Nestcam for night color viewing…

It is more than likely that the trees moving are creating the Motion Trigger that initiates an upload while another object in the FOV is being mistakenly tagged as a Person. The AI Engine does not discriminate between moving or non moving objects when tagging. Without a screenshot of the FOV, it is hard to say what the tagged object might be since Wyze does not mark the videos to identify what was tagged.

Verify you have Pet Detection enabled in both Event Recording Smart Detections and Notifications. Increase Cam Sensitivity.

The newer UI began with the introduction of the V3Pro and OG Cams. Legacy cams still remain on the old UI because it would either cost to much to upgrade their UI or the Firmware required to interface will not work on the cam. Regardless, legacy cams have legacy UI.

2 Likes

yes pet detection is on

would be nice if you actually buy OG cams on the global.wyze.com website or flood light cams ,
see I’m in Australia , so the v3 pro is A$99.98 here , the Reolink 510wa is A$105. no subscription req, store on local sd card like the v3 pro, get AI person detection and email clips of your notification, 100 f IR range.
For me, in our Australian market, the v3 does not present value …

I so wanted to like the Wyze cams but the buggy software , the plastic build quality makes it pretty hard.

I don’t mind ads in the Shop section of the app. I don’t want to have to dismiss an ad to see my cameras.

4 Likes

Have to agree, bought the pan cams when they first came out, then after they got a foot in the market they said being grandfathered on video playback was being retracted, and I’d have to pay for it now, so i get B.S. ads for more of their services. When these 7 cameras are done I’m moving on

1 Like

Totally agree with you bubbamahan. I feel the same way.
I was going to buy several of the newer cameras but read somewhere about this issue. My understanding is that V3 is the last that supports Cam Lite. Any newer cams require a subscription to Cam Plus. I have purchased over 30 Wyze cameras. I have switched to Reolink now. I have been with Wyze since their beginning. I won’t be purchasing anything more from them. Highly suggest Reolink. They are good price, all the features and no subscription. Plus with NVR you can store all of your videos locally to one place.

1 Like

Cam Plus Lite was announced as incompatible on all newly released cam models with the release of the V3 Pro in October 2022, well over a year ago and two cam model releases prior to the PanV3 in January 2023.

If you have the original an Cams then you still have access to Cam Plus Lite for those cameras. That has not been retracted. Any camera released after March 2022 is not included. Essentially anything newer than the V2.

i threw all my cams away

I hear your perspective. I don’t mind.

I see advertisements on everything online.

I would’ve taken them :frowning:

4 Likes

A couple of thoughts.

I’ve been wondering for a while if the company has the skill and capacity necessary to fulfill its original vision.

It’s no mean feat.

Shooting for the moon in an environment of relative global stability is high risk. Doing so when the near future may hold potent disruptions could be folly.

Does the product deflation reflect the company’s realistic assessment of its skills and risks?

Wyze is not my friend. But we are definitely friendly.

And that is no mean feat. :slight_smile:

Bravo that comment. I recently complained that the v2 Doorbell was not compatible with the Chime from v1. I was told by support that I could I vote that up on the Wishlist. That was a tone deaf response since that wish list item was already labeled “Probably Not”. This also echoes previous comments about EOL products and poor user experience for those who bought in at the start.

4 Likes