Wyze Cam v2, v3, Pan, and Pan v2 Firmware Released - 3/17/22

It said “Connecting 1/3” before failed.

1 Like

Thank you so much. We will investigate.

Same problem with my three V2. I tried to power cycle but still not working. I can hear them clicking the IR filter so I guess they are rebooting at some point. They are still showing the old firmware. I tried the force stop and clear cache on the app.

1 Like

I have the same problem with my v2 camera. I also tried restarting the camera via the app (no response) and tried rebooting. When I rebooted the camera, it came up in the previous firmware version; the firmware upgrade did not occur.

Looks like it is draw of luck to get update working

Yet another update from wyze… Yet another round of the update breaking things.

Can we please just get a toggle to turn off the update notification popup everytime we try to use the devices? I have no intentions of ever updating these devices, definitely not for at least a couple weeks after the update rolls out (again, if ever) so that it can be stopped before it breaks my devices.

That popup essentially just creates an annoyance in the app to use the devices.

Seriously. I’ve never seen retail devices with this level of hobbyist quality control.

2 Likes

Still no pink flash fix for V2 and Pan cameras. Come on Wyze fix this already!

1 Like

Submit it on the next Fix it Friday. :slight_smile:

People have been telling Wyze about this issue since a firmware upgrade a long time ago caused it. So they know about it but refuse to fix it because they want people to buy the V3 camera’s. I’ve got over a dozen V2’s and several V1 Pan’s and not about to throw them away to buy all new V3’s.

I took time to update all cameras for myself & mom today… (11) in total. We have a mixture of cam pans v1 & v2. The installations, themselves, all went smoothly. However, I did notice some settings revert to default afterwards. As I am sure everyone*s aware, v2s allow you to choose dusk vs dark settings for night vision. All of mine were set to dark. Heads up that every single one of my cam pan v2s had this setting reset to dusk after this firmware update. Several also had the IR lights slider switched off as well (prior to the update, the sliders were on). There also seems to be a tendency for dusk mode to reassert itself even after I choose dark. Thinking that this behavior is not an intended feature… :confused:

I’ve also noticed that several of my cam pan v2s changed video quality to HD from SD that I’d chosen… :man_shrugging:t2: I will add here that this seems to have been true of my cam pan v2s straight outta the box.

1 Like

So, why do you “Wyze Guys” change things when the are working fine? The Camplus Lite…Argh! I installed back in October when you guys started pounding us over the head with notifications. It worked great! I could filter out non-people events this keeping your server less busy. You do an update a week or so ago, now it’s a mess! I’m getting notifications on dust blowing by! Trees moving, everything. The app changed on IOS to where the option to turn on people only is gone! What? I spent hours trying to toggle things and the app says it can’t be done, go to the web. All I can do on the web it start a service. So, then I’m chatting online with Wyze, Trying to get whomever is on the other end to comprehend what I am saying is…painful! So I call, luckily I had a person with a clue. They checked with the Dev team and who said…yep! That’s what we did. WHY?! Why do you guys keep screwing up the good stuff? I’ve got 10 cams, three other family members in various states I help maintain their cameras. I was here from the beginning with Wyze when the plan was FREE everything. Well, if this keeps up, it’s time to pull the plug and go to another system. I have a Nest Cam, and yes, I pay a subscription for them. But it’s totally worth it. None of this daily nonsense. Get things fixed guys and leave it alone or concentrate on all the other gadgets you have and trash the cameras. :unamused:

2 Likes

Updated cam v3 and this time , it broke the SD recording function. Restarted and reinserting did not fix. And The update prior to this one had resulted in some sort of sync problem with recordings. Events would trigger and thumbnail would show a motion like an animal. 12 second clip of Event was behind the actual motion by about five to six seconds and by that time none of the trigger would be there. Wild Animals i watch in backyard
Had been counting on SD to see actual events… SD card functioning was only thing making it worthwhile. I could use it to view events thru playback. Will have to try and reformat and it is pain to have problems after each update. Will not be updating again so often. Not worth it. Getting the camera down, etc.

1 Like

At least with the cameras you can download the last firmware and rollback using the sdcard. Others devices aren’t as lucky when wyze breaks the device with a garbage update.

I ask all the time why Wyze keeps screwing things up. Either they hired programmers that don’t know what they are doing or Wyze just doesn’t care. Like you, I’m about ready to trash all my Wyze camera’s and go with another company, even if I have to pay more. The frustration I get dealing with Wyze isn’t worth it!

The time I’ve spent trying to make Wyze products work…
It doesn’t matter how much cheaper their products are than “the competition”. If I had known that they wouldn’t work reliably or that when they break something with a firmware update… That rather than rolling back to one that at least kinda worked better, they would leave my services broken for months… I would’ve gladly paid multiple times what I paid for this trash.

Honestly, I don’t understand how there isn’t a class action against them yet. With this gun safe being released now… I’d be surprised if they don’t get sued into the ground within 6 months (assuming it works even twice as well as the rest of their products). I don’t have high hopes that these cloud services will even be serviceable still by next year.

I can understand the frustration from broken firmware, believe me I have had many issues with updates but other than that, I have not had many other issues. My cameras run day and night with no issues. I love that they have local storage unlike many others. The safe is a non-cloud device so I’m not sure why you are even bring that into the mix. Anyways the class action lawsuit is a bit much don’t you think?

It is a cloud device. It can be controlled to some extent by the app, but uses bluetooth, I believe.

They are selling devices that they leave broken for months, so no.

If they were to release a firmware update that breaks things, then rolled it back instead of just stopping the rollout… Sure, I could see that being an overreaction. Unfortunately, they simply stop the update and leave whoever had already gotten it broken for an unknown amount of time. Sorry, but that’s simply irresponsible as a company. I’m unsure what ‘damages’ could really be collected, which is probably the only reason that there isn’t one.

Also, as far as the “cloud device” bit. I’m not sure why you brought that into the mix. I was talking about firmware issues making things unusable. The gun safe will undoubtedly be able to have it’s firmware updated just like anything else. Not really sure why you decided to twist my position into being an argument purely about cloud functionality.

And what software update would the gun safe possibly need? If it works as is, then leave it alone!

There are only a few Wyze products that I like and only one that I actually have very little complaints about and that is the gun safe. I ended up liking the cordless vacuum but it needs a hardware fix so the dust bin gasket doesn’t keep falling out into the trash and a fix so the brush attachment doesn’t unclick and get pushed back when cleaning curtains. I had liked the handheld vacuum but the tiny HEPA filter gets dirty and clogged way too fast because it’s so small and it’s so expensive to replace. And I like the original Wyze scale, hard to screw that product up.

Also, I want to say that I like the V3 camera for it’s starlight lens but the AI software is a mess, so I’m kind of done with Wyze camera’s and their lack of support for V2 cameras. I’m tired of their software updates that make things worse, it’s beyond frustrating.

If Wyze is going to continue to crank out new products, most of which are software based, then hire good talent. Because, they are seriously lacking on the programming side and the customer service knowledge base side. Selling affordable products is great but when they don’t work as advertised, then they just become cheap crap.

And for crying out loud address customer issues! Wyze still hasn’t addressed why so many people got skin rashes from the Wyze Band straps. Nor have they addressed the V2 and Pan camera pink flash issue.

1 Like

I had a lovely system with 8 V3s and a tablet used as a monitor on 2 of them using Tinycam monitor.

Everything worked fine - I then updated to the latest firmware and the video stream keeps dropping out every few seconds and then coming back again.

The feed to the Wyze app works fine.

I have changed nothing else- only the firmware

The new firmware has broken an important bit of my system.