Voice Alerts & Chimes for Sense v2

As per the official update in that thread, they’ve disabled adding new devices, because it wasn’t intended to be pushed live yet. But everyone keep your eyes peeled. Alexa integration is coming soon, which should make this a reality. :slight_smile: I got my devices connected before they closed the window on this, and it’s working great.

Would not want it only on speaker as feature. Too limiting.
Find having a chime in a different location is how I use mine. I have a dome chime working with sensors and would love something similar for wyze.

I agree. Like I said, I’m in favor of an add-on chime unit as well. I just thought this might be a nice way they could add the functionality. It might meet the need for some customers, and would only require a software update.

2 Likes

Wyze sensors are now detected through/by Alexa so my wish has come true only 7 months later too. Color me officially impressed.

Thank You Wyze, Thank You!

3 Likes

Yes! a Google Home broadcast would be ideal!
Tye the alert text needed (Front Door Open) and it broadcasts that to the speaker.
Also an option for a chime.

4 Likes

Now that a Chime is available for the door bell, why can’t we use that as an action for when a door opens? And can the chime work without the doorbell as an action destination?

1 Like

Wyze-Sense Contact sensors and motion Sensors have a chime :loud_sound: feature when doors are opened or closed.

My same thought exactly… Just pre-order the door bell cam with plug in chime. I’m hoping it can be connected with alerts from door sensor to make a sound. That would be so awesome if Wyze incorporated this feature.

Alarm with multiple chimes available and alert announcement

My current alarm system tells me when a specific sensor is triggered ex. Side door open this is so helpful. Also current wyze system can only work with one hub so if I am far from it I cannot hear the beep that something has opened multiple connects would be great

1 Like

:yellow_square:STATUS:
This wishlist item was started in March 2019
and has a lot of useful comments/posts.

Is there any post that provides a status of what has been done on this item since march 2019?

I just recently purchased sense hub starter kit and 4 V2 motion sensors and have some leak detectors on the way.,

I have read part way thru and see some of items that I would like available.
@neoprimal has provided an excellent start … … … in 2019.

Is the wyze Sense Hub speaker accessible/avalable as a chime for all wyze devices?

a chime (ie speaker) should just be an accessible action to be triggered by any activation (motion sensor, camera motion, leak sensor, …) with a series of tones or recorded messages to be played on the speaker. (chime).

1 Like

Is it possible to have the Home Monitoring system to announce “Front door” or “back door” from the hub when a door is opened?

1 Like

I have not been able to do that. However, I have contact sensors on the doors. So when they open, Alexa announces the door is open. The Home Monitoring System Will Ding or make a sound when the door is open as well.

1 Like

Have you heard if this is an ability for google hub products too?

“MAYBE LATER??”

I hope that the huge WYZE roadmap in the sky shows devices like this chime as a speaker that should be accessible / triggered by any devices rather than as a point item for one sub-system or device.

The big map needs to show the Unifying Impacts of each new/updated device in the WyzeSphere that we as customers are all expecting from the 3 Wyze leaders.

It may take awhile to get there but every new device or update to device needs to hopefully show intent towards WYZE unifying/integrating capabilities.

Hopefully this is part of every programmer/coder/designers Wyze mantra as it comes back to provide profits for Wyze and benefits/functionality for customers.

1 Like

Unifying, Integration, Ecosystem Impact, Added Value with a LONG term vision roadmap. This will win lifetime customers. The $20 Wyze Cams are great to get a name and new customers but to keep a customer for a lifetime, that is a very different solution.

1 Like

Hi @WyzeJasonJ
Is there a visual representation of the Wyze Roadmap? showing various groups/products and common capabilities, integration, functionality?

1 Like

The lack of voice alerts, chimes and the fact that you can’t purchase additional hubs without getting another HMS subscription is why I’m moving away from the Wyze sensors for automation and alerting. I’ve been purchasing products from another vendor that has speaker hubs, independent alarms, motion sensors (indoor and outdoor), automated water control valves (used on my rain harvesting system) plus much more. They also sell the products with pricing that is competitive to Wyze for comparable products. Plus they work over long range (1/4 mile). I have several sensors and switches in my shop which is over 300 ft. from the house and they communicate with the hub in the house. You can program them to work without internet (which I did for the door sensor and three light switches in my shop) and they seem to respond much more quickly than the Wyze sensors.

I’ll continue using my Wyze Cams and plugs, but I’m phasing out my sensors.

There is not currently, this is something that has been talked about though so it could happen eventually.

1 Like