View On PC/Browser (Windows / Mac / Chromebook)

Eufy, Sonos, blink?

Easy enough to Google… “IP Cameras viewable on PC”

There are lots of options for recording the screen

Sonos? Do they make cameras? I thought they were just fairly high end audio.

EUFY? That’s a robo vacuum cleaner brand.

Sorry, my error, “Sonoff” that I use, it’s tilt and travel and I use VLC to monitor on my MacBook Pro Retina… Here’s a screenshot:

It sets on the front room window ledge and works just great… I do not have it set up to send notifications or activate routines as yet

That’s like saying Sony is a TV brand.
Eufy makes a bunch of stuff.

Oh, did not know that. The vacuum was all I was aware of. Thanks for the info.

The only other reason this has not came to be, simple put, it’s not aligned with their business strategies and their marketing. I find that the people’s want(s), sometimes doesn’t align with a company business strategy. The ask, could very well be technically unfeasible, too costly or maybe some law blocker but that’s highly unlikely. We can scream and kick all we want about wanting this feature, however, there are 1 or 2 people at the end of the day who makes this decision, their CEO/founders! Chances of them changing their minds, probably won’t happen after all these years of request(s).

1 Like

Someday, it won’t be Wyze… Perhaps their successor will address these pressing issues

Seems to be some concerns with a windows desktop viewer. What about an opensource Ubuntu based app or desktop viewer? I already know there are emulators that will work in Linux. I am talking about a native written desktop viewer. I wouldn’t mind seeing this in the future.

Most would be happy with a browser based app that would work on any platform.

3 Likes

Yes! All we need is a web portal! That’s all I need! Don’t waste any time on plugs or dishwashers or vending machines. Browser access. Stop everything else and just address this one issue before you make any more microwaves or shower heads, ok?

1 Like

Is it possible that you have the capability of writing such an emulator, if so do it and make it readily available to the users you will go down in history as a grand supporter of the user data base

Support support support support support support support open your ears support support support support support

I assume he’s talking about Android emulators. The world has enough of those.:blush:

Unfortunately That’s true Angus… But of the supposed millions of camera owners don’t ya think there are a couple of adept programmers that “Could” develop software that could be housed on any platform much like “VLC”???

I suppose Alexy from tinyCam may enough info to do it.

VLC runs on multiple platforms because they developed multiple apps.

Maybe so… What really bugs the crap out of me is the randomness of device failures… It’s never all of them but different ones just seem to fail for no rhyme or reason and often times if you just wait… They return. I’ve said before that Wyze has much more control over these devices than users imagine… They can push out changes we know nothing about until something unforeseen happens… Reliability (expecting the same results day after day) is nothing more than a fleeting dream :rage: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :-1:

1 Like

I’m believe many users would be willing to pay for a dedicated windows app to view our cams.

This is a possible free solution?
I installed “Teamviewer” on my phone and on my PC.
It allows you to control you phone from your PC and shows the phone’s image on your PC.
Then, you can resize the window and see all the webcams that normally fit on your phone’s screen.
It also can allow you to view your PC’s screen on your phone but that is not what we are trying to do here.