View On PC/Browser (Windows / Mac / Chromebook)

Yes. I got the HeimVision HM311 for $36 from Amazon.

You don’t need champagne budgets. Just shop and evaluate.

The HeimVision is superior to Wyze products in many ways (especially including resolution) but inferior in others (WiFi range, updates).

P.S. (Looks as if HeimVision may have been part of Amazon’s recent purge of otherwise decent companies due to attempts at review manipulation. I don’t recall getting bribed by them for any review but that’s possible.)

:rofl: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

You must have a very, very tiny computer screen.
In addition to the very large image on my laptop, screen mirroring in my laptop’s pulldown menu throws it up instantly onto our TV screen where it is HUGE!

Okay, make it 100" then. Or use a projector…

1 Like

Like you I have found a way to combat Wyze’s shortcomings. I use tinyCam and am happy with it.
That does not mean that the people requesting this feature are “whining and teeth gnashing”. They just don’t want to use alternatives.
It’s a bit silly to think I don’t need it so you shouldn’t ask for it.

If the existing Wyze mobile app is any indication, the desktop app won’t be what people want anyway.

Here is how the Wyze app displays on my laptop:

Anyone complaining that: “Most of these solutions … produce a display no bigger than your phone.”
perhaps should spend a little more time acquainting themselves with the equipment they already own.

1 Like

Most people don’t have an M1 Mac or Windows 11. Respectful complaints about anything are okay by me. I mean, some people are WRONG…

1 Like

How do you view multiple cams on this?

Yes, but Bluestacks has been out for years, which was what I was using on my old 2012 Mac with almost the same results. I agree with you about respectful complaints, but it just seems like a lot of time and energy is being devoted to beating a dead horse, that could have been spent with one or more of the various existing alternative routes, not just this year’s new computers. Self-help is so much more soothing and productive.

1 Like

Why not Wyze Home view or TinyCamPro?

1 Like

companies that snooze lose: Someone else will listen to what consumers want and supply it. if its really good. many 20th 21st century huge starter- leading companies failed for snoozing,getting side tracked,and or increased debt.

Kodak and Polaroid are excellent examples. Both failed to adequately respond to the consumer shift from film/paper to digital and lost significantly in the marketplace.

1 Like

How did you manage to respond to me but quote Customer?

1 Like

The whole music industry didn’t see digitsl music coming. Then the movie industry was surprised when it happened with them too.

1 Like

And then they were all surprised by Netflix streaming. And then Netflix was surprised by HBO and Disney et al. streaming. But then some fool thought Qibi or whatever it was called was a good idea… Always a turd in the evolutionary punchbowl.

Sorry Angus,

Beats me. I’m not tech savvy enough to do it on purpose. Must be smoke and mirrors like other aspects with this company.

I have no idea. Much of this site appears/organizes & operates different from what I have used.

If you have text selected in another post when you click reply to a second/different post, it will automatically cause a quote of the selected text in the other post.

Happens to me all the time on accident because I often highlight text as I read or highlighting text I like as I read, or just fidgeting and double clicking ala ADHD as I scroll downward (which also highlights text), then I reply to someone and it quotes someone else and I have to delete the quote before I publish the reply.

Seriously, happens to me like daily, I just fix it before posting.

1 Like

Arlo has a web interface. They just have a weird security theater thing going that forces you to log out on your desktop when you want to view it on the phone.

1 Like

Odd that the WiFi range is inferior, given that it has an external antenna.

I note that HM311 is still available via Walmart, and currently for $10 less than the price shown for Amazon.