View On PC/Browser (Windows / Mac / Chromebook)

Any chance you could include Linux with this? As a Linux user I know there’s ways I can make it happen but its always a sign of quality when a product supports the whole community and not just the favored few
:smiley:

1 Like

I suspect if they do anything it would be browser based.

Angus, love the “if”

I’m with you. As a Linux user, I want a browser based option

My work around was to use Vmware Workstation and create a VM with a Linux Kernel. Then over to here https://www.android-x86.org/ and got the droid ISO. I used this for a reference on configuring the HD space in Android How to Create an Android Emulator in Windows - LAPTOP Magazine | Laptop Mag. With a few tweaks I have it running on my PC and streaming video in HD.

I just ran into a bigger problem- I bought a 256GB SD card just for this camv3- it wont work, even when formatted correctly, works fine in Linux, MAC, and Windows-10, but the Cam v# will NOT recognize it.

yep, easiest cross-platform way.

Sounds easy. I’ll call my grandson and see if I can get an appointment to have him come over & do this for me. Hope I can talk him down to a lower rate than he charged last time getting my Cam Pan running.

Way off topic. Also Wyze recommends 32 Gb or less.
64 Gb work in the V2. haven’t tried snyyhing larger.

https://wyzelabs.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360051119591-Is-Wyze-Cam-v3-compatible-with-larger-SD-cards-

Your grandson… charges you? Sorry. :frowning:

Hey, this thread reached 2,000 posts without any formal “celebration” or acknowledgment. (Not sure exactly who is post #2,000 since I have a small handful on Ignore.)

3 years. 4,349 votes, 2,012 (or so) posts, and number 1 on the wishlist. There should be cake or something.

It was me. :blush:

There are 2091 now.

1 Like

Here’s your cake, viewed on PC / browser.

What there should be is a release for this feature by now. But vacuums and sprinkler systems seem to be more important to Wyze than customer requests. :roll_eyes:

For the simple reason that vacuums and sprinkler controls provide revenue while adding software features for free is a cost with no payback.

1 Like

I guess we could say that adding this feature would sell cameras but most people don’t realize that it isn’t included or don’t care anyway.

Angus Black, I find it very interesting that you are very active in this conversation thread but add very little value. You consistently justify and defend Wyze and their lack of response to the magnitude that is the community of patrons who have spoken loudly. Nobody can deny that this is arguably one of the most requested feature improvements. Patrons shouldn’t have to find work arounds or hacks to get what should be a native capability in a security based product. We know it was never on the original product but after years of requests from thousands of posts I think it’s time Wyze comes to the table and addresses this like a professional organization.

2 Likes

True. I had Wyze confused for a tech company, not another alibaba reseller. :clown_face:

I think you are misunderstanding. I am not defending Wyze’s lack of participation or commitment to the most requested wishlist item. I am just being realistic.
Wyze hasn’t done anything in two + years. To me, that is their response.

2 Likes

I would much prefer to control and view WYZE PRODUCTS on my iMAC or MacBook instead of Only on the phone screen

See https://wyzelabs.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360026245231-Wyze-Cam-RTSP

Can be done via “only getting security updates” version of code with SD card. Looks good to me.