Unusual sound picked up

Installed 2 WYZE Cam V3 and love` them. One monitors my sump pit area, the other my hot water tank. What has me confused is a sound that is picked up by both cameras. The sound is strongest on the hot water tank camera. The sound is only audible on the camer(s) and does not trigger an alert. Unable to ID the source. Thoughts. Have a recording.

Welcome to the forum @1sjwolf1.

It’s very low level, but it sounds like music to me. Maybe playing upstairs or outside the window?

I have found the cameras to be very sensitive to sounds at a distance where in some recordings I can faintly hear my neighbors having a conversation in their driveway across the street.

It is not understandable by any means, but the sound is there.

It surprising how sensitive the mics on the cameras are, yet the sound quality is not very good.

2 Likes

Microphone on camera directionally sensitive???

You can hear a leaf drop :rofl:

2 Likes

2023-05-07T05:00:00Z

Thank you for not calling it a hot water heater. :+1:

1 Like

:astonished: :rofl:
Just for you @TomG

2 Likes

Thanks for your input. No music being played (inside or outside). Thought it might be sounds from the furnace, sump or refrigerator, but nothing is running. I’ll see if can adjust mic sensitivity. I only need to pick up a water sensor alarm.

Now that is funny.

1 Like

Argggghhhhhh

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

At one of my camera’s i hear voices, but not with clear words, it almost look like a radiostation or tv station is received.

Just posting for receipts to my freedom. And safety. I just want to say Ty to the Wyze gods for saving my life literally. I too swore I could hear people talking. So I studied and investigated this for months. Obsessive over it. And with a lot of long nights and questioning my sanity (funny but not funny) . I was able to use a plugin for audio recording that enhances vocals and drowns out background noises. Or if can do the exact opposite. With a million man hours and even with that it’s still questionable to older people who can’t hear certain frequencies. I unveiled my landlord was surveilling me 24 seven. And selling my private moments on the dark web while also trying to frame me to go to prison. I can’t make this [stuff] up I owe y’all for the rest of my life. Thank you so much brought tears to my eyes when I finally uncovered the truth. Now, I’m messed up for life with serious trust issues. This has been very hard on me specially, when no one believed me at first, thank you so much for all your help . and it turns out it was just recording over old audio which would be the old alerts and alarms recordings so it was mixing all them together while not erasing it from the drive, so you think you have all kinds of different stories you don’t know what to believe but it turns out it’s just mixing the recordings so you have to mess with it for a long time to decipher it trust your intuition is a gift a curse cause it’s always right .

That is absolutely amazing!