This wyze lawsuit showed up on my Facebook feed

So I was just scrolling through my Facebook feed and saw this, anyone else seen it or heard of it? Figured everyone and Wyze should know. The replies went from tagging people, saying oh my someone hacked my Facebook right after this and a few defending Wyze. One person even said I want to point out that Wyze fixed this breach faster than any other company ever has and has been completely transparent about it all.

https://prwlegal.com/practice-areas/wyze-camera-lawsuit/

1 Like

There was a breech back in Dec,
Wyze sent out an email about it 31/12/2019
Same one ?

EDIT : its the same one, after reading OPs linked pages

just some ambulance chasing lawyers trying to drum up business on the back of that ?

From Wyze email
“If you were a user with us before we secured this information on December 26th”

"The information did not contain passwords, personal financial data, or video content. "

"The information did contain Wyze nicknames, user emails, profile photos, WiFi router names, a limited number of Alexa integration tokens, and other information detailed in the link below.

If you were a user with us before we secured this information on December 26th, we regretfully write this email as a notification that some of your information was included in these databases."

Talked about here on forum

1 Like

Yea, I just thought I should pass this info on. I knew about the breach and what Wyze had said about it.

2 Likes