Stationary License Plate Reading

One of my neighbor came by asking if I can check the recording to see if license plate of thief’s car was captured. Unfortunately, even though the car & thief were captured, the license plate wasn’t clearly visible when I tried to zoom. Is it possible to improve the clarity of zoom with existing hardware?
I think this will really help a lot of them.

Here’s the Roadmap topic that you can hop over and vote for (click the VOTE button at the top):

I have tried to set up a “parked cam” inside on my dash to monitor my condo garage for vandalism attempts.
Unfortunately there is an issue with the cams ability to record to SD while off of wifi after 2 hours.
That being said, I can attest that the camera can barely read the plates of the cars parked in spots directly in front of me , approx a car length away

Anyone been able to implement ALPR(Automatic License Plate Recognition) on Wyze Cams? I have a metal mailbox so I decided to test using mine to read license plates going by my mailbox. For my test, I used the free version of OpenALPR which retains the passing reports that are generated for 2 days, but you can integrate it into your own API to keep then longer. The Wyze cam fit really well on my mailbox and I thought it would have a good enough view of the passing plates for the API to read them, but this is where I was wrong. Before I flashed the v2 I was using with custom firmware to use RTSP, I wanted to make sure I could read the plates just from the Wyze app. I COULDN’T AT ALL! They just looked like splotches of ink. If anyone has any advice on how to combat this please let me know!

Did you ever get very far on this?