Sleep as Android INTEGRATION & APIs

Any more updates on this @UserCustomerGwen ? Would hate to have to buy a third party device just to have this basic function of a smart watch

1 Like

I just bought a Samsung 44 5 watch. 4 and 5 have o2 locked out to 3rd parties.

The next gen size watch might

Still no movement on this? Watch is great but the comple lack of integrations is more than a little restrictive. Is the API release still something actively being worked on? Thanks!

it’s been almost 4 years since this thread was created. think it is safe to say it isn’t happening.

I think the reason it is listed as “Maybe Later” is because Wyze is potentially open to doing an official API in the future, but they aren’t prepared to devote the necessary resources to that which would be needed to ensure that it is adequately secure and stable without adverse effects on their overall operation (server, etc) since it would be about more than just the watch. For now, they allow 3rd parties to access the API get an official API key and figure out stuff on their own, but they aren’t providing official documentation or help to do it.

I have seen some people actually use the Wyze SDK through Python and a couple of other individual projects to access the watch info, so it is technically POSSIBLE for Petr (Urban Droid team who owns Sleep as Android) to be able to do this, but I think they would prefer to avoid doing so with unofficial API’s because if Wyze made some kind of an update, it could break their integration and everyone would blame Urbandroid for the Wyze watch suddenly not working, rather than a Wyze update doing it. And Wyze doesn’t currently want to guarantee API stability when they aren’t considering how their own updates might affect things. There are a lot of considerations to take into account when they officially agree to Public API stuff, and they aren’t currently prepared to make those guarantees, but it is something they have had a long term interest in, and they do “allow” 3rd parties to access stuff and tinker on their own. So, Wyze is kind of in-between on the API access stuff. I would say it’s really safe to say we won’t see official API stuff for at least another year. And it won’t be specifically about the watches when it does happen. It will mostly be about the cameras, and the watches would just be an added bonus. By that point, the Watches will have been several years past original launch. I’m not sure if Urbandroid will bother to integrate them when they won’t be quite as popular as when they first launched.