Set-up instructions for legacy chime by-pass (JasonJ HELP!)

I have a Wyze Video Doorbell (Wired) and a ancient 7 wire chime with a transformer hidden (I think) behind drywall. The Wyze doorbell is in place and I the following is working fine:
-video feed works fine
-door bell button rings outside
-my phone notifies me when someone rings the bell
So all good except there is no sound inside the house.
I do not want to try to figure out the legacy system! How do I set up the Wyze doorbell so the little chime (that it came with) plugs into a interior wall and rings when the doorbell is pressed?

With the original doorbell that you indicate that you have, that does not connect to your legacy chime. The install instructions actually unhook and bypass the chime. The chime that you use with the original doorbell is the included chime accessory that plugs into a nearby outlet and connects to the doorbell wirelessly.

3 Likes

Somewhat confusing. Could you please reword?

Sorry in my delay on seeing this, in the future can get my attention quicker by tagging me in the post itself by typing the @ symbol and WyzeJasonJ together.

Which doorbell are you trying to setup?

Wyze Video Doorbell

Wyze Video Doorbell Pro

Wyze Video Doorbell v2

1 Like

Wyze Video Doorbell

Sorry my responses will be somewhat delayed as I am traveling.

The only “chime” that works with this doorbell is the Wyze chime that comes with the doorbell. This one:

Here is a knowledge article that explains that you cant use the “ancient 7 wire chime” with this doorbell. You need to bypass all the wiring in your “ancient” chime to make sure the Wyze Video Doorbell gets constant power.

Here is the knowledge article that explains how to set up the Wyze Chime.

1 Like