Outside cams are not notifying me or recording motion now

how long have u had cameras. i addressed this issue at least 6 mo ago they have never offered replacements. basically, tuff dodo , past warranty. terrible co.

I bought the bundle in Dec and an extra in May. They are sending out one cam and I am waiting for an answer why they are not sending two! It is there mistake they stopped working in the first place.

I just tried what you said about the detection settings you are right, it is at 50% when I do not allow the cam to open up correctly. When I did allow them to open correctly they opened at 100%, then that is my mistake.
I started a rule last night, set for 10 days for motions, person, vehicle even animals, 3 min cool down for 30 seconds recording. I had to go outside this morning, was not notified of anything. When I go into the cams album there is a recording of me going outside. It is recording something under schedule recordings but I am not getting notified nor is any event being posted under events. All of the cams notifications are set to notify me.

Yes I have sent a log, pictures of everything they asked for.
Ticket 1467249
300806 is the log number.

Sorry… Not meaning to make anyone terrified of me.

1 Like

Doing scheduled event recording on a camera with Cam Plus makes no sense to me at all. :astonished: :astonished:

1 Like

I use my phone to see what has been recorded under events or live, not my computer. Most of the time I leave the cams alone to do their thing. When I get notified I will review the events recorded. I normally do not go into live unless I am adjusting the cams after charging them. I work alot so I don’t always have time just to watch live and that is not why I bought them.

I noticed I wasn’t getting notified one day because there was mail near my door, so I went looking for the recorded event to see who put it there but nothing was recorded, nothing was detected. It stopped recording events and notifying me sometime after 4pm the day before. That is also when I noticed my address was changed and other things were also changed in the app. I did not make these changes and I would like to know who did,… did the cams or account get hacked?! I would like to know! I do not see any issues with anything else, like other apps, accounts, passwords…etc… to indicate my phone being hacked. Was there an update that night they stopped recording that we were not notified about?! This is a security issue!

So detect sound does not work for the outside cams?! Why have that option if it will not detect sound? My fault for thinking the outside cams were like the inside cams, but they are not! Can’t even do playback which is important. Awhile ago I noticed my neighbor moved out during the night, I have a trailer sitting outside with stuff in it. They messed with that trailer and also scratched my SUV. I went looking for the event recordings… guess what… there were none! So I had no proof to press charges! They were in the detection zone but were not detected! A 30 foot trailer was moved but it wasn’t detected! But I get notified when a cat walks by in the day light?! I contacted WYZE about this to see if they had access to recordings or if a full recording was on some server somewhere to get proof to press charges, but no there is not! I upgraded to pro to see if that helps but no it’s also a waste of money! Does not do anything special! My inside cam has no pro, no issues, always notifies me with movement or sound and I can playback, record with no issues, send the file to my computer to save long term!

I bought these cams to protect my stuff, but they are NOT doing their jobs! I keep seeing things happen at my place outside but have no proof because these cams keep stopping, having issues, not detecting! Is there a hack that can stop these cams from doing their jobs? Laser light? Idk because I am not computer smart or cam smart! Something is going on! So yes I am mad, you buy this crap to protect your stuff but it does not work most of the time, it is a waste of money! I think it’s really odd how they do not work when you need them the most!

For those reporting lack of events and/or notifications issues on WCO cams… when you enable Time-lapse, Scheduled Recordings, or view the Live Stream on an outdoor cam… Events, their associated cloud upload/storage and the associated push notification are disabled for said cam.

There is no option to “detect” sound on WCO cams. There is an option to “record” sound.

1 Like

I have to disagree with part of you post. I have 4 WCO not on Cam Plus. They are all on scheduled event recording. I get the 12 second clips and notifications for all events. I posted a screen shot of this on 23 Sept on this post. I don’t even know if you can do scheduled recording “with” cam plus? And have it work.

Notification from a few min.ago WCO on SE recording.

I do not set the time lapse. normally I do not set scheduled recordings, last night I did to see if anything would work. I have rechecked push notifications and they are all still on. Maybe I am not understanding what your trying to say or fix what your trying to say?! If everything get’s uploaded to the cloud shouldn’t I have access to that? To be able to see what happened that night with my ex-neighbors?

Since you had your camera on scheduled event recording last night just take the SD card out and view it on your computer to see if anything got recorded on it.

“Local storage” (sd card stuff, continuous [other Wyze cams], scheduled recordings) footage does not notify the user, only “cloud storage” (camplus, cloud, event tab) clips notify the user. Notifications are triggered from the cloud clips only.

The detection systems on the WCO is different than the v2s and V3s and pans due to the battery power feature. Do you see “detects sound” or “records sound”? Screenshot of this setting?

This is also a difference between the WCO and the v2s and V3s and pans due to the battery power feature. It’s not an outdoor vs indoor, it’s battery powered vs corded. The v3 is an outdoor rated camera just like the WCO.

Not much info to go off here to theorize but looks like you were on the free cloud service at this time which only records 12 seconds and then a cooldown time of 5 minutes. The issue with the trailer or the damage to the vehicle could have happened within the cooldown. When you upgraded the cam plus (which is what I believe you meant by saying upgraded to Pro) took away that cool down time and increase the event recording to the full event, not just the first 12 seconds.

Still adding more info in response but I am up next at the drive thru… To be continued… :slight_smile:

Well I went looking on the SD cards, deleted just videos that was saved on them, nothing else. Everything on one cam was from back in July, I did a continuous record after that night the trailer moved. After that I went back to just motion detected, no rules, no scheduled event recording and I was getting notified after that. No there is no detect sound on both outside cams, I could have sworn I saw them have it, Sound is not important to me as much as the motion detection. I started a scheduled recording and the other cam had stuff from that on there. Stuff I can see in the album.

I could understand the free cloud service but It did not pick up anything at all, They were only set on motion, nothing else and it would have taken them more then 5 minutes to move that trailer. They had to disconnect everything (water, elc, sewer), put things away, they were walking around the detect area many times, it had to of taken them more then 30 minutes, there were at least 3 people, Earlier that day he moved the trailer and the cams picked up alot. I also had to move both of my SUV’s so they would not get hit. I moved my cars back into my parking area before I went to bed. The cams should have picked up something that night, but they didn’t. I thought it had something to do with the sensors at night. They were recording just fine during the day and notifying me. It’s like the sensors don’t work as well during the night. If that is the case then these are not the cams I need. My little trailer I have is in the detection zone. Just like half of my cars are. See picture… This is how I had the cam, it should have picked up something. That block under the tongue of the trailer was completely moved out and the trailer was moved a bit towards the water spicket (that wood sticking up from the ground) I didn’t have alot of stuff in it and it is on the light side so it is easy to move. The cams should have picked up something! I have walked to my car at night and it get’s picked up. Where that water spicket is at, the trailer was a foot from it. I had the detection zone at full. My other cam is at the other end facing my cars and the back of that trailer. It should have picked up something from the back of the trailer, it didn’t. But it picks up a car driving by during the day.

Are you able to get power to this location fairly easy? I have an idea. So it looks like your wco is mounted under an overhang, and that is good because it’ll protect the wco for this mount idea. Mount the camera upside down, this will make the pir detection zone be on the top 2/3 of the frame, as opposed to the bottom 2/3 it is right now.

I believe this is about where the detection zone is right now. Goes up from the bottom to about the tounge of the trailer.

Mounting it upside down will include the area above the tongue, and give you more reach to the upper right.

Normally mounting the WCO upside down might compromise it’s ability to keepit’s safe from water in the elements, but since it’s under an overhang I think we’re okay in this spot. If you there’s any reason you may think that water the elements could get to the underside of it mounted upside down I’d say just keep it mounted upside right to protect the camera.

If you have cam plus on this camera, all motion it detects should be saved to the cloud and you wouldn’t need to do these scheduled recording to the camera unless you want super backup save to the SD card. This is why I like the plugged in the cameras like the v2 or the V3 which have the continuous recording and I don’t have to worry about it catching an event or not because just records everything to the SD card.

Both are under an awning but they are close to the edge, They do get wet where they are at, not soaked, just a little. I can move them if needed. We have been having great weather lately so I will at least try it, it doesn’t hurt! Thank you for all your help!

1 Like

If you want to try this road definitely move them away from the elements cuz mounting upside down is exposing the body to water and the environment.

this is a real shame. when a product is supposed to be simple they make it difficult for the inexperienced user to even understand all of the differences. they have taken a great idea, expanded it and expanded it and changing and changing everything on each different item. how dumb is that? quit changing everything and make it universal for crap sake. what a waste. I had 3 cameras go capoot recently. Get this… one was an original pancam. i was so disgusted with trying and retrying everything, error codes galore, 90 error, no power error, etc etc. i FINALLY took the thing apart thinking there was something loose, not connecting all the time. well played around with it. it came on, no error codes unassembled. I reassembled, it went off, back and forth i went. so the solution??? i left it apart. placed the cover loosely on it and used TAPE to hold it together and it works. if i snap it closed and sealed it goes off again. so friggen stupid

2 Likes

Have you contacted support about the defective pan to see if replacement is an option? I would believe that performing heart surgery on the thing is a warranty voider, but maybe they can assist with the other cameras that arnt working for ya.

oh yes, longggg time ago about several of the cameras. they DO NOTHING if over initial warranty. even when u have talked to them trying resolve issue for MONTHS… no exchange, no lower model exchange (which i would have settled for), and its more or less “good luck”. but heart surgery is working, at least temporarily …

I would love an exchange for lower models. Outdoor cams are very sucky.

1 Like