No circuit board for Wyze Thermostat

Got mine hooked up and working today! Essentially treated the wire nuts as the control board and wired accordingly w/help from Speadie. Ended up turning my G into the C back at the thermostat.

Speadie. I would like to ask for your assistance since u seem to be very good at this. I also encountered the same issue as everyone here and realized that my unit has not control board. Once I saw this I didn’t even attempt to loosen anything. I would really appreciate any help or input. Here are pics of my set up.

This is probably C (common).

Make sure the power is off.

Wiring your Adapter. Note the wire colors. The letters in the air handler box represent the wire nuts.

3 Likes

Thanks for the quick response. I will attempt to connect this weekend.

I made my own post for assistance, posting here because you all have been so knowledgeable and helpful.

Note: this was resolved. Leaving for archive purposes.

https://forums.wyze.com/t/no-circuit-board-for-wyze-thermostat-revolv-eb17d-unit/158794

Speadie, I hope you are still around…

My handler does not have a circuit board…
Any advice from you or others would be much appreciated.

Thermostat is old mercury and has Y, W, G, R.

Post would allow only one picture. Let me know if more are needed.

Would be best to start a new thread, if you have multiple pix, you just need to post multiple replies.

You’ll need the C wire adapter, the brown wire appears to be your C wire, so you just need to add the C wire from the adapter to that wire nut, then follow the app instructions to wire the other 4 wires.

Can you point out which wire goes to the thermostat? Are there any unused wires wrapped around the cable that can be used for C?

1 Like

Do you have heat? Your white wire would normally be heat, but it appears to be connected directly to C, which would cause a short circuit if the heat ever kicked on.

Hello, sorry to respond back slowly but some things came up. Yes, I have heat. My system setup is new to me…. My system is broken into three thermostats: main floor, upstairs and cottage. I have blowers for each zone. I have one boiler that provides the hot water for each blower. The thermostat I am trying to replace is the upstairs one…

I will reply to this post with more pictures.

Any help appreciated.

This is the thermostat that I am trying to replace.
We have orange, black and grey wires within the jacket that are NOT connected.

These are the connected wires, Red, Green, Yellow, and White.

There is a splice somewhere, where the thermostat wires all connect together and connect to the heater, probably near the hot water boiler or blower fan. You need to find the splice and take a picture of it so that I can see which wires are connected where.