New V4 camera

:slightly_smiling_face::+1:

92% chance. Good luck. :four_leaf_clover:

I just replaced all my v3 cameras with the new v4 cameras. 3 total. I did so because it showed it was 2.5k or it is 2k? Either way it shows it clearly reading a license plate 20 or so feet away. However my cameras are so choppy I can’t read anything even a 10 feet away. Is it just a horrible bit rate? Why would they advertise something that is clearly not present? Is this something that can be changed on my end? I don’t use cam+ because it seems unnecessary for me I can just use an sd card and go and look back if anything changes. Do I have to use cam+ for it to look better? I’m starting to think it may be worth it to pay a little more for cameras that will actually show high quality 1080p with a decent bit rate than stay with these.

Thanks for any replies.

If all 3 are faulty and you want to read license plates you could buy a better cam or return the v4s and live with the v3s. It’s a difficult call.

I’m not sure it’s faulty, after reading other stuff here. I think it’s just how it is. It looks more like 720p quality level than 2k though. If that makes sense. I like the spot lights and the price point but I don’t see why you would even have a 2k camera with a bit rate that’s more akin to 360p.

1 Like

My Eufy is 2K and very clear but it won’t fit on my widow sill.

I bought 3 Cam V4’s thinking it was an upgrade from the four V3’s that I own. I was SHOCKED to discover that CAM Plus Lite is NOT available for this version! WTF? This is definitely a downgrade from V3. CAM Lite is the BEST thing Wyze has and now they want your $$$ instead of offering this service which is included with V3. This is THE reason I went with Wyze to begin with, now they’ve removed it. HORRIBLE marketing decision on their part.
There is no discernable difference in the picture quality between this and V3 cams that I have. Not really happy with this new version.

1 Like

I returned mine for the same reason

1 Like

I always think that Cam Plus Lite is nothing but a marketing ploy and why so many seem to be captivated by it. I can’t understand how useful it is when it misses so many events? Maybe in the case when there’s not much happening, but that’s not my situation. That’s why I relied on the SD card after I realized what “cooldown” really means, the first time I missed seeing an Amazon delivery.

3 Likes

Hopefully you can return them and buy v3 cams. I don’t use Cam Lite so I hope the v4 works for me. If not, Amazon has a great return policy.

1 Like

I use it to identify vehicles and people passing by my property. It’s plenty of footage I have shared with law enforcement for people trespassing. I agree if needed more to add a SD card.

1 Like

I called support and they said it wasn’t compatible with V4 and allowed me to return them for a full refund. They also said they were getting a lot of complaints and wished they disclosed it didn’t work with cam lite before you purchased it.

Very good. That is why I buy through Amazon with no questions asked for returns.

Btw, I don’t use cam lite on my v3 or v2 cams. SD fills my requirements.

@carverofchoice - 2 well thought out and constructed post in March, too bad some users don’t appreciate what you are contributing to the forum’s knowledge base.

Thanks for memories of dial-up ISP’s and their internet service. My very first ISP was NetZero, how archaic that was compared to today. Kilobytes and megabytes. Gigabytes and terabytes unheard of for everyday consumer.

2 Likes

Was waiting for you to chime in. Wow only a 2 liner this time.

The v4 was never eligible for Cam Plus Lite. The v3 and any camera released before it (non doorbells) were and are able to still have cam plus lite.

https://support.wyze.com/hc/en-us/articles/4415189297051-What-is-Cam-Plus-Lite#:~:text=Cam%20Plus%20Lite%20is%20a,the%20cloud%20for%2014%20days.

2 Likes

Ditto! I have Cam Plus Unlimited now and before I only had Lite but I never relied on it. Continuous SD card is the way to go no matter what level of Cam Plus subscription you have.

2 Likes

Out of curiosity, which products are you referring to, and which specific features of them have been locked behind subscription fees that were originally free when you bought them?

Or are you saying you thought “no subscription fees” meant they were promising free software upgrades and free functionality enhancements in perpetuity with the one time $30 retail price?

Is this article helpful? (And there are actually troubleshooting steps on that page despite what the title of it implies)

They no longer provide Cam Plus Lite videos, except for grandfathered accounts; still pictures have replaced the videos.